Zalman vf700-cu and pink lines dots on screen.

Old March 31st 06, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Zalman vf700-cu and pink lines dots on screen.

Hi,

I've just installed a zalman vf700-cu cooler on my ati radeon 9800 pro.
Everything seems to have gone well but...after booting up my computer i have
pink dotted squares on some places on my screen. Looks a little like a
smudged inked from a stamp.

Did i ruine/broke my videocard in the proces or did i connect something
wrong...i didn't/don't know how to connect the power so i connected the
vf700 fan connecter to the 12V multi conncenter wich came with the package
and connected the multi conector to the power supply of my computer.

Any help will be mcu appreciated...TIA, Rick.

Old April 1st 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Rick schrieb:
Hi,

I've just installed a zalman vf700-cu cooler on my ati radeon 9800 pro.
Everything seems to have gone well but...after booting up my computer i have
pink dotted squares on some places on my screen. Looks a little like a
smudged inked from a stamp.

Well, if you encounter graphic problems it seems not everything has gone
well, duh.
Did you, by any chance apply the Ram-heatsinks?If so, how much force did
you use to apply them to the chips?Chances are you either broke some of
the Ram on your card or you chipped a piece of the GPU core, enjoy your
Radeon 9800 paperweight.

Cheers,Thomas.
Old April 2nd 06, 12:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Well, if you encounter graphic problems it seems not everything has
gone
well, duh.
Did you, by any chance apply the Ram-heatsinks?If so, how much force

did
you use to apply them to the chips?Chances are you either broke some

of
the Ram on your card or you chipped a piece of the GPU core, enjoy

your
Radeon 9800 paperweight.

Cheers,Thomas.

That has to be the most condescending response I've read yet; for God
sakes give the guy a break.

Anyways Rick, as for your video card, I honestly don't have the answer
as I wish I did. But I'll make an obvious guess and say that you've
damaged something during the change over.

Old April 2nd 06, 12:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

That has to be the most condescending response I've read yet; for God
sakes give the guy a break.

Anyways Rick, as for your video card, I honestly don't have the answer
as I wish I did. But I'll make an obvious guess and say that you've
damaged something during the change over.

Thanx for your reaction...i had to put my tv-card in another slot and that
isn't working either proparly right now. I hope i can fix something by
reassigning interrupt and maybe this will straighten out my videocard
also...wishful thinking;-). Otherwise i buy the second hand card from my
brother...he has the same and is thinking about upgrading.

Rick.

Old April 2nd 06, 04:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Rick" wrote in message
Hi,

I've just installed a zalman vf700-cu cooler on my ati radeon 9800 pro.
Everything seems to have gone well but...after booting up my computer i
have pink dotted squares on some places on my screen. Looks a little like
a smudged inked from a stamp.

Did i ruine/broke my videocard in the proces or did i connect something
wrong...i didn't/don't know how to connect the power so i connected the
vf700 fan connecter to the 12V multi conncenter wich came with the package
and connected the multi conector to the power supply of my computer.

Any help will be mcu appreciated...TIA, Rick.

Sounds like overheating to me. Do you have any apps that will show you GPU
temps? ATI Tool is a good one to use if you want to monitor and see how hot
the thing is getting. If it runs overheated for a little while, it will be
ok. For too long though (like a several hour gaming session) it can
permanently hurt the card.

Old April 2nd 06, 04:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"HockeyTownUSA" magma at comcast dot net wrote in message

"Rick" wrote in message
[...]

Oh yeah, also touch the copper heatsink while running a graphics intensive
program, but be careful not to burn yourself. If it is hot, then its doing
its job, if it is not very hot, then it isn't seated properly, or thermal
grease isn't applied properly.

Old April 3rd 06, 07:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

[...]

The problem already occurs when i boot up cold. At the splash screen from my
bios/mobo. Probably not overheating...maybe i put it to tight on, so i'm
going to put is loser and check it out again...maybe without the fan...keep
the suggestions coming.

TIA, Rick.

HELP Pink flashing screen!!!! jane Dell Computers 2 March 6th 06 02:52 AM
Screen is pink HELP!!! fred flinstone Ati Videocards 4 April 8th 05 06:40 AM
Pink Screen ScottR General Hardware 0 November 24th 03 05:27 PM
Screen Flickers (pink) Andrew Dell Computers 1 July 14th 03 05:17 PM