monitor or graphic card problem?

Old June 19th 04, 11:18 PM
Krystonia5

Default monitor or graphic card problem?

My HP computer with a 19" HP monitor had problems with color since I bought it
(monitor flickers, then loses one or more colors). I replaced the monitor
under warranty, and the second monitor also had problems and was replaced.
finally the 3rd monitor went 3 years with no problems. Then last week the red
color seemed to mostly die. I replaced the monitor with my old MAG 17"
monitor, and it worked fine for a few days, then it also lost the red color.
I plugged the monitor into my old computer, same exact problem.

So my question is: Is it possible that both the HP 19" monitor and my old 17"
monitor both developed problems with red color just by coincidence? Or is the
video card in the HP system destroying the monitor's red color??? I suspect
the video card, based on the problems I had with two other HP 19" monitors when
I bought the system. They always ruled out the video card, but who knows??

Any thoughts? Should I simply buy a new monitor, or change both the monitor
and video card to avoid any risks that the video card will burn out another
monitor?

Thanks,
Paul
Old June 20th 04, 03:20 AM
George

I once had an ATI video card that did stuff like that...I think you've got
quite a coincidence on your hands. I'd replace both (decent video cards
aren't that expensive any more).

Old June 22nd 04, 03:49 PM
Christiaan van Bladel

Did you use the same VGA-cable or did you changed it two? It is,
theoraticly, possible that the VGA-card dammages the red-circuit, but
highly likely. But than again so are 4 monitors with the same problem.
Try screwing the cable to the card and monitor, the problem might just
be a bad connection.

Succes
Chris

Flash card reader: write problem... KILOWATT General 7 June 1st 04 12:19 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Video card problem BalloonKnot General 0 April 4th 04 09:43 PM
Problem with ASUS V9570 NVidia 5700 card and ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard MarkW General 3 February 11th 04 08:04 AM
USB/Firewire combo card problem Bruin General 0 November 8th 03 01:28 AM