A8N-SLI Deluxe-How do you change bus from x8 to x16 for PCIE?

Old January 12th 05, 07:43 AM
tecknotot

Default A8N-SLI Deluxe-How do you change bus from x8 to x16 for PCIE?

I cant find anywhere in the bios to change this. Thanks!
Old January 12th 05, 09:29 AM
Paul

In article , tecknotot wrote:

I cant find anywhere in the bios to change this. Thanks!

In the manual, in section 4.4, there is a picture of the BIOS
screen. "SLI Mode" is the bottom item in the list.

Both the EZ Selector card and the BIOS have to be changed,
to run x16 or (2) x8 mode. This Tomshardware article
mentions the Selector card that has to be rotated and
reinserted in its connector on the motherboard, to change
modes.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...rmance-07.html

"There is also a small board there for selecting single or
dual slot operation"

Here is a picture of the selector card that needs to be
rotated:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...ages/a8n-2.jpg

I've seen mention in one of the forums, that some people are
having trouble getting x16 mode to work properly. It may be
that, at least for now, your system will have to run x8/x8
until it is fixed. I guess you'll know for sure, when you
change the BIOS setting, and rotate the little selector
board. According to this article, there is no appreciable
difference between running a single PCI-E card in x16 or x8
mode, at least for real games, so you aren't missing anything
if you cannot get x16 mode set up.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...nalyse-09.html

Paul
Old January 12th 05, 07:21 PM
RichH

tecknotot wrote in message
I cant find anywhere in the bios to change this. Thanks!

Alot of people are having trouble with the because the EZ Selector
card on this board is by default in dual SLI video card mode, which
makes both PCIe video card slots 8x. This is contrary to Asus
official documentation which states that the board ships with the card
in position for single use even though it is in dual mode by default
(at least is was on my new board and as best I can tell by all the
posts on this subject most others). So if the selector card didn't
get flipped around, your slot will be stuck in 8x mode instead of 16x.