ASUS P4C800e deluxe and memory overclocking

Old January 3rd 04, 12:31 AM
Jean

Default ASUS P4C800e deluxe and memory overclocking

I put together a new system with ASUS P4C800ED and OCZ Platinum PC 3500 512
MB (2x) rated at 433mhz 2-2-3-6.
After a few times trying to increase the parameters manually for
over-clocking, decided to use the AI overclocking (by percentage) that the
jumperless option allows. I was able to overclock 5%, 10%, 20% and
each time I used Sisoft Sandra to measure the memory performance the DDR
memory speed
drops from 400 MHz to 266 or 288 MHz, resulting in reduced memory
performance. I tried manual setting but it won't boot.

Any ideas?. Is there a list of manual parameters that correspond to the
above % values that will work as a set?. I appreciate any
suggestions/recommendations. I would simply like to run the memory to his
stock speed at 433mhz and 2-2-3-6

Thanks

At default speed P4 3.0c the memory timing are 2-2-2-5 and run fine at
400mhz

Old January 3rd 04, 04:54 AM
katt33

Jean wrote:

[...]

Clock Down your ram..
katt

Old January 3rd 04, 05:06 AM
katt33

katt33 wrote:
Me forgot something.

Jean wrote:

I put together a new system with ASUS P4C800ED and OCZ Platinum PC
3500 512
MB (2x) rated at 433mhz 2-2-3-6.

Slow your Ram timing too, this can help a lot.
try something like 3-3-4 and 7 or 6.
After a few times trying to increase the parameters manually for
over-clocking, decided to use the AI overclocking (by percentage) that
the
jumperless option allows. I was able to overclock 5%, 10%, 20% and
each time I used Sisoft Sandra to measure the memory performance the DDR
memory speed
drops from 400 MHz to 266 or 288 MHz, resulting in reduced memory
performance. I tried manual setting but it won't boot.

Some Brands of ram won't do speeds as high as they should.
I read Max Pc and CPU, if I could find the copy it was in, I'd tell
you witch did the best.
For now, I guess I could just look for it, and if I find it, I'll let
you know.

Any ideas?. Is there a list of manual parameters that correspond to the
above % values that will work as a set?. I appreciate any
suggestions/recommendations. I would simply like to run the memory to
his
stock speed at 433mhz and 2-2-3-6

Thanks

At default speed P4 3.0c the memory timing are 2-2-2-5 and run fine at
400mhz

Clock Down your ram..
katt

This is a good Idea too, if you can't keep it running at one clock
speed, then slow it down and try it @ another.
You'll find it's well worth it if your overclock your CPU

News==----
Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption =---

Old January 3rd 04, 03:15 PM
Skid

"Jean" wrote in message
.. .
I put together a new system with ASUS P4C800ED and OCZ Platinum PC 3500

512
MB (2x) rated at 433mhz 2-2-3-6.
After a few times trying to increase the parameters manually for
over-clocking, decided to use the AI overclocking (by percentage) that the
jumperless option allows. I was able to overclock 5%, 10%, 20% and
each time I used Sisoft Sandra to measure the memory performance the DDR
memory speed
drops from 400 MHz to 266 or 288 MHz, resulting in reduced memory
performance. I tried manual setting but it won't boot.

Any ideas?. Is there a list of manual parameters that correspond to the
above % values that will work as a set?. I appreciate any
suggestions/recommendations. I would simply like to run the memory to his
stock speed at 433mhz and 2-2-3-6

You're headed in the right direction. What appears to be happening is that
the cpu:ram ratio is being set automatically. When you raise the fsb, the
bios slows the memory to compensate.

Forget the AI overclocking. I don't have the same motherboard as you, but
look in the bios and manual for ratios like 1:1, 5:4, 3:2, etc.

The maximum rated speed for PC3500 is 416, PC3700 is 433. That's a rough
guidline, your memory may do better or worse. You may want to lossen the
timings to something like 2.5,3,3,7 until you're sure it's stable at the
speed. Raising the DDR voltage also may help.

At 416, 1:1, the cpu would be at 3240.

The ratios are used when pairing fast cpus with slower memory, or vice
versa. Here's my system, an example of overclocking a slow cpu with fast
memory:

Abit IC7
P4C 2.4 @ 275x12=3.3 ghz
4x256-meg Buffalo Tech PC3700 @ 5:4, 220mhz, 2,3,2,6.

Old January 5th 04, 02:06 AM
Jean

thanks finally succced in raising the Dram voltage to 2.75, FSb 220mhz and
memory 2-3-3-6

"....:::°Terrence°:::...." wrote in message
[...]

A have the same config. Here is how I find out the right settings :

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...5b369560a& th
readid=255265