Help with Asus A7N8X Deluxe & Corsair XMS pc3200 C2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 8th 03, 05:51 PM
-S-

Default Help with Asus A7N8X Deluxe & Corsair XMS pc3200 C2

I need some help with my system. I bought a pair of 'CORSAIR XMS 512MB
64MX64 PC-3200C2PT' sticks to go with my A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 main board.
I have the sticks in banks 1 & 3 and am running in DDR mode for a
total of 1GB of RAM. One of my games - Battlefield 1942 Road To Rome
will not run, the screen goes black for about 2 seconds then it kicks
me straight back to the desktop. When I run only 1 stick, the game
works fine (does not matter which of my 2 sticks I use, or in which of
the 3 banks on the MB). Whenever I add the 2nd stick of ram, in any
combination of banks ( 1&3DDR, 2&3DDR, 1&2Single) Battlefield 1942
will not run. Here is some more info on my system.

Asus A7n8X Deluxe 2.0 w/ BIOS c1005
AMD Barton 2500+ w/ 333fsb
Windows ME - fully patched w/ DirectX 9a
Geforce 3 Ti200 w/ latest Nvidia Detonator Driver
NForce 2 also has the latest Nvidia Driver

Battlefield 1942 Road to Rome w/ Patch 1.4
Also have tried setting the games .con file for refresh rates from 0
to 1

Cpu Fsb 166
Multiplier 11.0
Ram Fsb 166
7-3-3-2 Latency Settings
Spread Spectrum off for Fsb and AGP

I have also tried running my cpu and ram at 200fsb with a cpu
multiplier of 9.5 and the same Latency settings above with the same
results.

Unusually, another game of mine ... Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast will
run with both sticks of ram on the board in positions 1&3 and with the
standard settings for 166fsb.

Again, thanks for your help. The game works fine with just 1 of the
two sticks (doesn't matter which one) in any of the 3 banks, just when
I add the 2nd stick does it not work. Any ideas? Please help ...

Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
AMD Athlon 2500+ 'Barton' Core
(2) CORSAIR XMS 512MB 64MX64 PC-3200C2PT
Windows ME