Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Socket A NForce2 Ultra 400 Lan, Sound, USB 2.0 FSB400 ATA133 Retail Box

Old April 29th 04, 05:17 PM
Justin Barnes

Default Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Socket A NForce2 Ultra 400 Lan, Sound, USB 2.0 FSB400 ATA133 Retail Box

Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Socket A NForce2 Ultra 400 Lan, Sound, USB 2.0
FSB400 ATA133 Retail Box

Can any one tell me if this mobo has fan control on the cpu. i.e. hotter =
quicker fan?

Is the AGP and PCI buses locked?

Old April 29th 04, 08:45 PM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Justin Barnes wrote:
Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Socket A NForce2 Ultra 400 Lan, Sound, USB
2.0 FSB400 ATA133 Retail Box

Can any one tell me if this mobo has fan control on the cpu. i.e.
hotter = quicker fan?

That board has a variable fan control option in the BIOS. It runs at full
speed if the CPU temp is above 40C.

Is the AGP and PCI buses locked?

That board has the ability to lock the PCI/AGP bus at 66MHz as do almost all
nForce2 boards. It's an nForce2 chipset feature but not every manufacturer
has implemented it. (?)

TMC

Old May 1st 04, 09:07 AM
boostland

"Justin Barnes" wrote in message
Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Socket A NForce2 Ultra 400 Lan, Sound, USB 2.0
FSB400 ATA133 Retail Box

Can any one tell me if this mobo has fan control on the cpu. i.e. hotter =
quicker fan?

Is the AGP and PCI buses locked?

I have 2 dead gigacraps that are going for rma.
Gigacrap can't make a bios that works with standard ram, look at the bios
update for the GA7n400e, It was supposed to fix the non booting problems
with kingmax and kingston ram.
I have stopped suppling gigacrap now to my customers, too many failures, I
supply asus now a much nicer board compatible with all the ram that the
gigacrap would not work with.
Asus also have Q fan to slow the fan when the cpu is not running hot, they
also have a 3 year warranty.

---