printed page has black glue like stuff on left side of page?

Old January 12th 04, 04:07 PM
PeterM

Default printed page has black glue like stuff on left side of page?

I am trying to get to the bottom of a problem that I'm having with my HP
1200. I just put in a brand new toner cartridge and still the pages come out
like black glue is being pulled across the left side from top to bottom. The
same thing happened on the old cartridge. What can I check or what can I do
to fix it, if anything?

Old January 13th 04, 01:42 AM
Moe

huh, didn't know they still make printers with corona discharge wires. I
sure as heck thought that the last printer that had one was the HP III and
that was discontinued about 10 years ago. I would have guessed it was a torn
fixing film sleeve. Really difficult job to replace it in that printer.

wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:07:16 -0800, "PeterM" wrote:
I am trying to get to the bottom of a problem that I'm having with my HP
1200. I just put in a brand new toner cartridge and still the pages come

out
like black glue is being pulled across the left side from top to bottom.

The
same thing happened on the old cartridge. What can I check or what can I

do
to fix it, if anything?

Sounds like the corona discharge wire in both the printer and
cartridge needs to be cleaned.

Old January 13th 04, 02:05 AM
PeterM

I appreciate you guys so much for at least getting me to think in the right
direction. Although I have no idea where the corona wire is, I looked every
where in any of the open areas in that HP printer 1200. Please give me a
hint where it may be. I forgot to tell you guys, that the page that had all
the glue like stuff, even had that tar like or glue like stuff hanging on
the bottom of the page, I mean past the page for half an inch, like whatever
it is, is leaking. That is with a brand new cartridge. The old cartridge
did it at the end as well. Where is that stuff coming from. It has to be the
cartridge that is leaking doesn't it. Please keep writing me..........Peter