dirt in printer!! how to clean?

Old April 25th 07, 05:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default dirt in printer!! how to clean?

I accidentally left my printer door open last night. We had a stormy
night (and my windows were open).. the winds blew dirt from my potted
plants all over, and most importantly, into my printer!!!

what can I do to clean it? I don't want to make things worse.
Help!

Thanks,
Jessica

Old April 26th 07, 05:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

You could throw some seeds and plant food in and make it into a funky
planter ;-)

More seriously, what type of printer is it (printing techniques, brand
and model)...???

Here are some general helpful "hints" (disclaimer: I can't take
responsibility for the outcome of following these hints, as you haven't
provided enough information to work from).

===========

Make sure the printer is "OFF", then unplug it from both the wall and
the computer.

Allow the printer to dry out first, then, in general, it is usually safe
to use a vacuum cleaner and carefully use a crevice tool. Use a clean
dry paint brush to loosen any soil, etc, and continue to use the vacuum.

Do not use the vacuum cleaning tools to push and manipulate any of the
printer parts, which may set things out of alignment of break fragile parts.

The idea is to get as much of the dirt out as possible.

As I said, beyond that, it would really help to know the what printer we
are speaking of...

Art

How to clean a printer Enry General 7 December 29th 04 01:41 AM
ICE and dirt snake24601 Scanners 2 February 5th 04 08:19 PM
ICE and dirt Roger Scanners 4 February 3rd 04 07:51 PM
Got dirt-bagged on Ebay DaveL Nvidia Videocards 47 January 31st 04 04:32 PM
How to clean waste tank/pad on Canon S820 printer Paul Soderman Printers 2 September 13th 03 06:35 PM