Peep - peep - peep ?

Old February 2nd 05, 06:59 PM
Chris James

Default Peep - peep - peep ?

My otherwise completely dead Asrock mainboard goes "Peep - peep - peep "
..... etc . etc ... when I turn it on .
What do I have to check / substitute first ?

Thanks
Chris

Old February 3rd 05, 04:01 AM
PineNut

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:59:17 GMT, "Chris James"
wrote:

My otherwise completely dead Asrock mainboard goes "Peep - peep - peep "
.... etc . etc ... when I turn it on .
What do I have to check / substitute first ?

Thanks
Chris

Check the following site for more info:
http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html

I've just tossed my Asrock board(K7VM2), which I think is a piece of
junk and has given me lots of trouble from Day 1. By the way, Asrock
board uses AMI bios, at least mine does.

What did you mean by "otherwise completely dead"?
Old February 3rd 05, 11:58 AM
Chris James

Okay ,
I've swapped the memory with some which is working fine in another same
Asrock board .
Still the same .... beep beep beep .... repeating . black dead screen .

Chris

Old February 3rd 05, 12:01 PM
Chris James

I've just tossed my Asrock board(K7VM2), which I think is a piece of
junk and has given me lots of trouble from Day 1. By the way, Asrock
board uses AMI bios, at least mine does.

What did you mean by "otherwise completely dead"?

Sorry to hear that .
I bought three of them and this is the first trouble type trouble .

OCD means ' no other symptoms to report since no other features operational
under current fault condition ' .

Chris.

Old February 3rd 05, 06:31 PM
Michael Hawes

"Chris James" wrote in message
Okay ,
I've swapped the memory with some which is working fine in another same
Asrock board .
Still the same .... beep beep beep .... repeating . black dead screen

..

Chris

"Michael Hawes" wrote in message

"Chris James" wrote in message
My otherwise completely dead Asrock mainboard goes "Peep - peep -

peep
"
.... etc . etc ... when I turn it on .
What do I have to check / substitute first ?

Thanks
Chris

Memory!
Mike.

If not memory, sounds like dead motherboard. Have you tried clearing
CMOS?
Mike.

Old February 3rd 05, 06:53 PM
Chris James

If not memory, sounds like dead motherboard. Have you tried clearing
CMOS?
Mike.

I don't know how to do this , exactly .
dim memory of shorting out two pins somewhere .
I will try to find a booklet .

Chris

Old February 3rd 05, 06:55 PM
spodosaurus

Chris James wrote:
If not memory, sounds like dead motherboard. Have you tried clearing
CMOS?
Mike.

I don't know how to do this , exactly .
dim memory of shorting out two pins somewhere .
I will try to find a booklet .

Chris

there will be a jumper on the board for this purpose, sometimes labelled
j_batt or some such.

cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old February 3rd 05, 09:20 PM
Larc

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:53:19 GMT, "Chris James"
wrote:

| If not memory, sounds like dead motherboard. Have you tried clearing
| CMOS?
| Mike.
|

| I don't know how to do this , exactly .
| dim memory of shorting out two pins somewhere .
| I will try to find a booklet .

If all else fails, remove the battery and then replace it.

Larc