Anyone tried the F8 bios for 8KNXP?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 21st 03, 02:11 PM
Peter Bungart

"Old Dude" wrote in message
link.net...
With F8 installed, my PC totally freezes up when I try to enter the BIOS
menu screen.
I can press the DEL key one or more times at different points during the
initial boot up process, and until the add-on BIOSes are processed

(GigRAID,
Promise SX4000 RAID controller card), I don't get the BIOS menu screen.

This is another problem I have-- that you have to wait before you can access
the BIOS. This was true for me with both F7 & F8. I find this unacceptable.
Is this normal, by Gigabyte's design?

Then, the PC does not respond to any keyboard input. With F7B, I had no
problems like this.

I have also removed both the CMOS battery and the power supply AC cord,
waited 5 minutes, and still no change in behavior.

The only thing I can think of is that 5 minutes isn't long enough to clear
your CMOS.

Do you have a backup on floppy of a previously working BIOS version? Check
your keyboard connection, & if you can get back into your BIOS (& use your
keyboard) flash your MAIN BIOS back to that version. It should restore your
pc back to working order.

But I wish we could figure out why some of us have success with F8 & some of
us don't.....