Spider-Man:The Movie (The Game) Problems

Old July 20th 03, 03:52 PM
KCB

Default Spider-Man:The Movie (The Game) Problems

This game keeps rebooting the computer. Doesn't seem to matter what is
going on at the time. It takes about 3 minutes then reboots, even if I'm
just customizing the controls. I have no other programs giving me any
issues. Here's my specs:

WinXP Pro - Clean install - All Updates
A7N8X-Deluxe w/ XP 2700+ (45 temp under load) 166 x 13
1024MB Corsair PC3200 @ 166 sync w/CPU 5-2-2-2
ATI 9700 Pro w/ Cat 3.6 Driver and matching Control Panel
WD 1200JB HDD
Lite-On 52X CD-RW

ANY ideas would be appreciated!

Old July 21st 03, 01:15 AM
R_Supp

"KCB" wrote in message
et...
This game keeps rebooting the computer. Doesn't seem to matter what is
going on at the time. It takes about 3 minutes then reboots, even if I'm
just customizing the controls. I have no other programs giving me any
issues. Here's my specs:

WinXP Pro - Clean install - All Updates
A7N8X-Deluxe w/ XP 2700+ (45 temp under load) 166 x 13
1024MB Corsair PC3200 @ 166 sync w/CPU 5-2-2-2
ATI 9700 Pro w/ Cat 3.6 Driver and matching Control Panel
WD 1200JB HDD
Lite-On 52X CD-RW

ANY ideas would be appreciated!

Out of the hundreds of configurations in users computers that are giving
trouble I see that they almost all have Raedon video cards. I don`t see too
many nVidia cards mentioned. I have also read in alt.os.windows-xp that Win
XP doesn`t seem to like ATI cards.
Maybe as an experiment you could try a diffrent video card ? I would like
to read what other posters think.

Old July 21st 03, 01:37 AM
KCB

"R_Supp" wrote in message

"KCB" wrote in message
et...
[...]

I got a suggestion from Jimmy S. on the windowsxp.games group to take out
one stick of RAM and try to run the game. Well, I did this and it ran fine.
I couldn't believe it. Memtest ran overnight on this rig without so much as
one problem. Anyway, I played with the RAM timings and ended up with
7-3-3-2, both sticks in, and the game still runs, so I'm calling the game
incompatible with the faster RAM timings. WHY this is a problem with this
game, I don't yet know. Also don't know how slower timings will affect
anything else. My boy's going to be happy he can play his game and that's
all that matters right now. Thanks for your time.

Old July 22nd 03, 12:09 AM
Rich

"KCB" wrote in message
et...

"R_Supp" wrote in message

"KCB" wrote in message
et...
[...]

I was just going to say... That game plays on my pc without problems. I have
XP, a radeon 9700pro and have had no driver related issues.

Game Freezing AtaŽuMoŽoboshi General 6 October 2nd 04 10:08 PM
DirectX Problems! Faustus Homebuilt PC's 4 December 24th 03 10:42 PM
Game controller problems Walter Trout Homebuilt PC's 3 November 1st 03 04:10 PM
nForce2 200FSB setting causes audio problems! KMS Overclocking AMD Processors 6 September 28th 03 08:15 PM