To update Asus P4C800 Deluxe BIOS?

Old January 20th 04, 06:44 PM
Adriano

Default To update Asus P4C800 Deluxe BIOS?

Hi,
I like to update the BIOS of my Asus P4C800 Deluxe.
I have never to upgraded a motherboard BIOS.
Will it be dangerous?
Is easy to update the BIOS?
Thanks

bye Adriano
Old January 20th 04, 10:12 PM
Guardian

"Adriano" wrote in message
Hi,
I like to update the BIOS of my Asus P4C800 Deluxe.
I have never to upgraded a motherboard BIOS.
Will it be dangerous?
Is easy to update the BIOS?

Hello Adriano,
Updating a bios is a pretty straight forward process. I do remember
feeling a little uncomfortable the first few times I did it, hoping nothing
would go wrong, but I've never had a problem and have done it many times. Be
sure to back up your current BIOS and follow the instructions. There is a
DOS utility included with the latest BIOS file that can be used to update or
you can use the ASUS Live Update utility that runs in Windows and should've
come on the ASUS support CD with your motherboard.

Old January 20th 04, 11:29 PM
Etay

Adriano wrote in message . ..
Hi,
I like to update the BIOS of my Asus P4C800 Deluxe.
I have never to upgraded a motherboard BIOS.
Will it be dangerous?
Is easy to update the BIOS?
Thanks

bye Adriano

Hi Adriano.
it's extremely easy.
Go to Asus websote and download the latest asus update utility.
Install it.
Execute program.
Search for latest Bios and download it to your PC (it's version 1014)
Press update Bios from file.
Press "Next".
Don't touch anything until it says "Update Complete" or something similar.
Voila.
Good Luck.
Etay.
Old January 21st 04, 12:57 AM
DaveW

WHY do you want to upgrade it? Are you having a BIOS related problem? If
the BIOS upgrade were to fail, which they sometimes do, you will be left
with a worthless motherboard.

--
DaveW

Old January 21st 04, 01:35 AM
Philip Callan

"DaveW" wrote in message
WHY do you want to upgrade it? Are you having a BIOS related problem? If
the BIOS upgrade were to fail, which they sometimes do, you will be left
with a worthless motherboard.

No he wouldnt.
His bios has a boot block which he can boot from to restore the default
older bios from the ASUS CD.