"Tom's Hardware" review of Vista

Old January 5th 07, 11:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

Default "Tom's Hardware" review of Vista

Perhaps interesting to those considering Vista on their new Dell's--

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/..._on/index.html

or shortened URL: http://tinyurl.com/y837v2

Note:

MS gave some laptops with Vista on it to certain beta testers to do a
review of Vista but skeptics accuse MS of trying to influence the
reviewers by giving them laptops to start with. Personally I can see
both ways.
Old January 6th 07, 06:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 05:58:28 -0600, RnR wrote:

Perhaps interesting to those considering Vista on their new Dell's--

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/..._on/index.html

or shortened URL: http://tinyurl.com/y837v2

Note:

MS gave some laptops with Vista on it to certain beta testers to do a
review of Vista but skeptics accuse MS of trying to influence the
reviewers by giving them laptops to start with. Personally I can see
both ways.

Thanks for posting this. Next time he will talk about what's inside
the Acer. I wish he had done that in this article. His assessment of
Outlook is similar to mine -- it's not much different. It will be
more interesting when he looks at Office 2007.

I have to find out how to see updates of this article -- if I can
subscribe to it or a blog... I had never seen Toms Hardware. It
looks like a site I will be visiting often.

It is going to be fun to watch the release (/ soap opera?) of Vista.
One of the things that will be interesting to see is whether RAM
prices will go down enough for vendors to sell Vista-enabled PCs with
enough RAM to run Vista well. Right now I decided not to buy a laptop
with XP and upgrade to Vista -- the price of RAM was a big factor.

I noticed that he switched to classic view a lot (something I am doing
in Office XP).

Before I get Vista, I am going to check whether my utility programs
(such as Snagit, which is mentioned in the article) will work with
Vista, or whether they will need updates first. I know that I should
do that anyway, but once I shed my corporate hat I've gotten a little
lazy.

I think Office 2007 is going to create havoc. I wouldn't want to be in
the help center when it's rolled out. (for that matter anyway, I
wouldn't want to be in the help center anywya).

I like and am going to stick with Atlantis for now for most WP tasks:

http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/
Old January 6th 07, 06:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 00:18:29 -0600, journey wrote:

I noticed that he switched to classic view a lot (something I am doing
in Office XP).

Correction: "something I am doing in Window XP"