display driver problems

Old April 5th 08, 04:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
egab78

Default display driver problems

I have a problem that is similar to the "infinite loop problem" but am
not sure if that is it. I have an older Gateway computer that runs the
NVIDIA Ge Force 2 MX 200 video card. I get an error that says "Display
driver NVIDIA ge force 2 mx 200 is responsible for system instability."
When I try to start up my computer, i can't even get logged into
windows, i have to boot in safe mode. I have tried reinstalling windows
and reinstalling the driver, but to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!

Old April 6th 08, 01:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"egab78" wrote in message

I have a problem that is similar to the "infinite loop problem" but am
not sure if that is it. I have an older Gateway computer that runs the
NVIDIA Ge Force 2 MX 200 video card. I get an error that says "Display
driver NVIDIA ge force 2 mx 200 is responsible for system instability."
When I try to start up my computer, i can't even get logged into
windows, i have to boot in safe mode. I have tried reinstalling windows
and reinstalling the driver, but to no avail.

What is the operating system being used? What was the initial action that
caused this problem? And which driver are you trying to reinstall? Whhich
model of Gateway computer is this?

Old April 6th 08, 05:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

What is the operating system being used? What was the initial action that
caused this problem? And which driver are you trying to reinstall? Which
model of Gateway computer is this?

Or not...

Old April 10th 08, 10:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
egab78[_2_]

its running windows xp, the computer is old, not even sure what the
model is. the video card is NVIDIA Ge Force 2 MX 200. I would like to
fix it instead of buying a new one, kind of a cheap skate like that

Old April 11th 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bob Knowlden

You could try the latest drivers than nVidia recommends for the card:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

First: uninstall the old drivers, using the XP add/remove programs control
panel.

Reboot, then install the new drivers.

Good luck.

Return address scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

"egab78" wrote in message

its running windows xp, the computer is old, not even sure what the
model is. the video card is NVIDIA Ge Force 2 MX 200. I would like to
fix it instead of buying a new one, kind of a cheap skate like that

Saffire XP1600 driver install problems / how does ATI driver handle OEM cards? [email protected] Ati Videocards 8 February 19th 07 06:22 PM
Display problems with Apple Cinema display The Dave 3000 Ati Videocards 2 August 29th 06 05:43 PM
display driver soogab Homebuilt PC's 5 October 25th 05 08:30 PM
display driver problems fear General Hardware 1 June 2nd 04 06:40 AM