Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Old November 22nd 05, 08:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Davy wrote:

This has gotta be how it all works.

Buy a printer, run out of ink, buy OEM ink, OEM inks very dear, run
out and buy 3rdy party ink next time, thats too dear try refilling.

Printer clogs, waste ink, again run out buy new inks, printer clogs,
ask Art for his cleaning instructions, "hey presto".

ha ha ha ha Sounds about right

Or maybe
"sulk" that don't work, run out and buy another printer and it
repeats all over again, in the process all the ink venders are
laughing their sweaty socks of after running to the bank with all
your cash and the printer manufacturers still produces printers that
clog and now will only work with their own brand of ink.

Hey you forgot spiffy nifty ha ha ha

What will they get up to next..?

"Oh, brother what a way to go", why can't they just produce printers
and let other folk do the ink producing.

Davy

Old November 22nd 05, 08:47 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

and according to reports in this ng they enforce it but rather selectively

Who? Name one person other than digisol who has stated that their
warranty was void because of third party ink.

Old November 22nd 05, 10:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

I just showed you the facts, what you do with them is your business.

Tip for those who have not tried it, find either an A3 or A4 sheet of
Bond paper cover it in a plastic cover and sit it on top of the paper
stack but tape the leading edge of it just in front of the paper entry
so no dust falls down into the bottom of the printers paper stack.

The plastic allows wiping it with a "slightly" damp rag.

While I can only speak for the dust I get here, the sheet of bond
paper that's been on several printers (it's just light cardboard) and
does not slow the paper feed, it will keep 95%+ of dust out of the
depths of your first waiting sheet of paper covered in dust ready to
clog your print head when it's fed in.

Of course you can simply toss the first sheet before printing but the
dust still gets into everything that lays down in the gap between the
paper and printer.

That lack of dust will allow the print head to last much longer, so as
the bond is not just plain, print something witty on it, I do the same
on my fax machine.

Sure I could use the paper feed from the bottom hidden tray of my
Pixma-4000 but I don't, so sue me.

What can I say, it does work on both machines, just block the gap with
anything, a tea towl will do the same.

Jeez, giving away such secrets should cost ? hmmm

Old November 23rd 05, 12:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:

I just showed you the facts, what you do with them is your business.

I agree with you. However, both you and I write blasphemous remarks
against the church of the latter day inkie stinkies so what do you expect.

[...]

I do not know why you bother
Old November 23rd 05, 12:21 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:
I just showed you the facts, what you do with them is your business.

No, that's not true at all. You showed us certain written materials and
you then misinterpreted them and assigned certain facts to them that are
not true.
What you do with this information is up to you.
Frank