Canon Pixma MX700 : network and power on

Old April 11th 08, 10:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Faelan

Default Canon Pixma MX700 : network and power on

Hi

Sorry for my (quite bad) english.
I just installed a Pixma MX700 at home. I used the ethernet connection on my
local network to share the printer with my both daughters.
All is working fine, except 1 thing.... : if the printer is power off, it is
not detected by the pc's drivers : we have to manually power the printer on
to use it... Easy for me because my PC is closed to the printer. But my both
daughters are not on the same floor...
Other networked printers automatically power on when a work is printed....
I don't find a way to configure it on the Pixma.

Any help ?

Thanks to all.

--
F.

Old April 11th 08, 02:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
smlunatick

On Apr 11, 5:11*am, "Faelan" wrote:
Hi

Sorry for my (quite bad) english.
I just installed a Pixma MX700 at home. I used the ethernet connection on my
local network to share the printer with my both daughters.
All is working fine, except 1 thing.... : if the printer is power off, it is
not detected by the pc's drivers : we have to manually power the printer on
to use it... Easy for me because my PC is closed to the printer. But my both
daughters are not on the same floor...
Other networked printers automatically power on when a work is printed....
I don't find a way to configure it on the Pixma.

Any help ?

Thanks to all.

--
F.

Most printers have two power off modes. The one you need is the
"power save" mode which will lower the power of the printer when not
busy. The other power off modem is the power switch. This will also
cause the problem since this will turn off the power completely.

Locate and use the "power save" mode and do not turn the power switch
to off.
Old April 13th 08, 08:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Faelan

"smlunatick" a écrit dans le message de
On Apr 11, 5:11 am, "Faelan" wrote:
[...]

-----------------------------

When the printer is power on and you don''t use it, after a few minuts, it
goes to power save mode.
I suppose I have to use this feature But the power consumption is quite
important in power save mode (when you calculate it for 1 complete year...).
Thanks for your help.

--

F.

Old April 14th 08, 07:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
smlunatick

On Apr 11, 5:11 am, "Faelan" wrote:

[...]

F.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, this is true. But is the power switch is turned to off, no
amount of network "requests" will ever turn it back on. The switch is
just like a standard light switch.

Power save modes are not being place into the "new" category of power
hung devices known as "vampire electronics." Vampire electronics are
devices that use power even when turned off. Battery chargers, video
recording devices and printers are now part of this category.

If you do not want to use the power saving features, move the printer
to a more central location so that you can both turn it on / off when
anyone wants to print.

Canon Pixma IP4300 bubblejet - explain Auto Power Off [email protected] Printers 5 October 24th 06 02:20 AM
canon pixma 110 Jim Printers 17 April 21st 06 10:34 AM
European (220-240V) power supply for Canon Pixma iP6000d? Joel Kolstad Printers 12 August 24th 05 05:43 PM
Can I network Pixma ip4000? Gelf Printers 7 June 7th 05 05:36 PM
Anyone using Canon Pixma with non-canon cartridges? Zan Printers 15 April 13th 05 05:37 AM