Inkcessories & the printhead

Old November 22nd 07, 05:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mickey

Default Inkcessories & the printhead

Arthur Entlich wrote:
I'm confused. Doesn't your posting suggest that the post office is the
reason for the delay? If so, how can the company which provided the
goods be placed at fault for this? Sounds like, if anything, the thing
you should try to avoid, is the post office...

Art

All the info I had was the post office said they received word on the
13th there was a package to pick up. Never any info that package WAS
picked up. At present my thinking is most likely the past 7 days delay
was due to the post office. Additional info I had was if package picked
up on the 13th, most likely in the PM, it should be delivered on the
16th. What happened during that additional 5 days?

I still question what happened initially, Made the purchase on the 5th,
reportedly inventory in excess of 100 units, and reportedly went out in
the mail on the 13th. Several Co's I do on-line business with in the
same area as Inkcessories, I typ have delivery on the 3rd day if a
weekend isn't included.

No longer worrying about it and all is well with the printer again.

Mickey
Old November 22nd 07, 06:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

Mickey wrote:

This Co was mentioned a week or so ago and I noted a post from Burt
and after asking him a question he reported he received very good
service from them. Well I'm not so lucky.

Purchased a replacement PH from them on the 5th and paypal sent
acknowledgment on the 8th the money transfer was completed. On the
14th and not having received the package, I wrote Inkcesseries
about the problem. Received a reply on the 15th giving me a
tracking number for the post office. Gave a look at the info the
post office had. Looks like they received word there was a package
to pick up on the 13th but no acknowledgment if actually picked up.
Yesterday the 20th, still nothing so drove into town to post office
to see what they could tell me. In a short while I was informed
the package was at sorting facility yesterday morning and looking
at locations, the package hasn't moved 20 miles from point of
origin. Not shipped as indicated or package lost at sorting
facility???

Don't know who is at fault but transaction has failed on the
"making a good first impression" chart. Now that I know the
package in the hands of the post office, I'm thinking I'll have the
package by Fri.

Just goes to show you, even with a near perfect record on ebay,
there is no assurance a purchase will go smoothly. Don't use ebay
often but this is the first time I've had any problems.

Mickey

You're always going to have an exception to the rule.... like that one
chance in a million of getting hit by lightning. Someone will! That
doesn't mean you shouldn't go outside anymore. Or in your case, no
reason to stop using eBay, PayPal, or the US Mail! These things will
happen. You pray they won't happen with your purchase. But be prepared
that they may. Over the years I've bought many things over the Net and
eBay, some worth over $500. Yes, I was ripped off once on eBay, by a
seller in Belarus. But I learned a thing or two, and eBay insurance
covered most of it. That "blip" didn't deter me since over 95% of my
dealings over the Net have been more than positive.

Speaking of Inkcessories... back in 2005 I bought a printhead on Ebay
for an i860 from Inkcessories.

If you would use Canon ink you would not have needed a printhead.

You never give up trolling, lying and misinformation, do you?

Canon states in their specifications that printheads are "end user
replaceable", meaning they have a limited life span regardless of what
inks you use.

I use Canon ink so mine is still good. You do not and you replaced yours.

Bull****. You're just lucky you didn't get a lemon from the factory
like me: the whole printer and printhead needed replacement after just
4 weeks. The replacement printer and printhead have been working
perfectly, as they're supposed to.

The original printhead in my iP5000 has been working perfectly with
various aftermarket inks since 2004. It'll be 2008 in a couple of
months. You do the math. Nothing wrong with the inks.

Poor quality. More rapid fading.

Your word is crap since you've never used aftermarket ink. I wouldn't
be using it if I was getting poor quality, rapid fading, etc. But I'm
not. I've been using non-oem inks since 1995. All my creations (photos,
greeting cards, CD/DVD/cassette liners, etc, are as mint looking as the
day they were printed. So my word, based on actual use, is valid
whereas yours (with zero experience) is merely malicious propaganda.
You lose. And everyone knows this except people who either lie or
cannot face the truth... And that would be YOU! :-)

-Taliesyn
Old November 22nd 07, 07:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Mickey wrote:
Burt wrote:

All's well that ends well, Mickey. It could certainly have traveled
1000 miles in 30 hours. More probably, though, your evaluation is
closer to the truth. Your package got lost in the shuffle.

It's not the 1000 miles I question but the last 30. Receiving
location, sorting, then off to the local post office, more sorting and
then into the van for delivery to the house, RFD.

Print-head is installed, fresh MIS ink, Kirkland paper and prints are
looking GOOD!

They would look better and last longer if you used Canon ink and you
probably would not have needed a printhead.

Did send a message off to Inkcessories telling them of package arrival.

Mickey

Old November 22nd 07, 07:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Mickey wrote:
Arthur Entlich wrote:
[...]

If you dealt with Canon you would have had a tracking number and could
track each stop and transfer.

Mickey

Old November 22nd 07, 09:23 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

Mickey wrote:
Arthur Entlich wrote:
[...]

In my experience the USPS tracking system is a joke. It's only updated
once a day, in the evening, for one thing. That means most of the
information you might see would be as much as 24 hours old. Sometimes
they don't seem to update it at all. There have been several times when
a package sent to me via Priority mail was received before the USPS
tracking site even acknowledged it was in the system. I have no problem
with their delivery most of the time, but they could learn a lot about
tracking from UPS and Fedex.

TJ

Old November 23rd 07, 12:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

TJ wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Arthur Entlich wrote:

[...]

I ordered a CD from Japan once and the online tracking was amazing.
They'd tell where my package was at every stage of the way, from Japan,
to the plane, to the west coast of Canada, to the local courier depot in
my area.... And my favorite, when I turned on the computer the next
morning it said something to the effect that it was on its way to my
door. And it was! Amazing, but I can't recall which company that was
though.

Other times, yes, I have received packages that were delivered before
being acknowledged as being in their system. So I never know whether
to think their tracking system is so slow or their delivery is too
fast :-)

-Taliesyn
Old November 23rd 07, 07:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt[_3_]

"Taliesyn" wrote in message
TJ wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Arthur Entlich wrote:

[...]

Since the USPS is a not-for-profit company and is now a quasi-government
organization the need for sharp performance is not there. They should be
looking over their shoulder as they do have competition from UPS and other
delivery firms, all of which work more efficiently. Fortunately for retired
people like me, Medicare works much better than the USPS, and my social
security check is deposited to my account every month like clockwork!

Old November 23rd 07, 09:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

If you want to really see delay at work, get something over the Canadian
border (or try, at least). I had a parcel held up for over 6 weeks (no
it was not in the midst of a major holiday), during which time Customs
claimed they didn't have it and it was "probably lost or stolen". As it
turned out, it was indeed in Customs hands the whole time.

The parcel contained printer parts, which I can only assume Customs
thought could be used to make something more nefarious, in spite of the
documentation. I wrote some less than kind letters to them and to my
government reps about it, and they admitted it was "unusual and due to
lack of adequate staffing".

What I have since figured out is just about anything to do with the
border security division of the government doesn't work properly. The
minister heading that agency is a complete airhead (Stockwell Day), so I
am hardly surprised by anything involving those government offices.

Art

Old November 23rd 07, 02:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

Burt wrote:
"Taliesyn" wrote in message
TJ wrote:

[...]

True indeed, but for small things shipped within the US, it's tough to
beat the USPS rates, and they're usually quite reliable. I received
notice a few days ago that UPS is raising their rates yet again - and
that fuel "surcharge" they tack onto almost everything isn't any fun,
either. Yes, the USPS just raised their rates, too - but for many things
they are still the less expensive alternative, and entirely adequate.

As with anything, the service you choose depends on what you're
shipping, and where it's going. Kinda like aftermarket ink. Whether you
use it or not depends on what you're printing and what you're going to
do with it.

But I still say the USPS has a thing or two to learn about tracking systems.

TJ

Old December 1st 07, 05:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

"measekite"

| The original printhead in my iP5000 has been working perfectly with
| various aftermarket inks since 2004. It'll be 2008 in a couple of
| months. You do the math. Nothing wrong with the inks.
|
| Poor quality. More rapid fading. Everyone knows this except people who
| either lie or cannot face the truth.

To quote Jack Nicholson, in his move roll 'You can't handle the truth' and
won't recognize it if it bit you in the butt.

Canon Printhead Fix [email protected] Printers 6 April 13th 08 07:56 PM
Inkcessories spam round 2 Jacques E. Bouchard Printers 0 May 12th 07 09:41 PM
Printhead Woes. Raziaar Printers 1 January 26th 06 11:06 AM
Looking for printhead JM Printers 0 December 31st 05 02:32 AM