Inkcessories & the printhead

Old November 21st 07, 05:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mickey

Default Inkcessories & the printhead

This Co was mentioned a week or so ago and I noted a post from Burt and
after asking him a question he reported he received very good service
from them. Well I'm not so lucky.

Purchased a replacement PH from them on the 5th and paypal sent
acknowledgment on the 8th the money transfer was completed. On the 14th
and not having received the package, I wrote Inkcesseries about the
problem. Received a reply on the 15th giving me a tracking number for
the post office. Gave a look at the info the post office had. Looks
like they received word there was a package to pick up on the 13th but
no acknowledgment if actually picked up. Yesterday the 20th, still
nothing so drove into town to post office to see what they could tell
me. In a short while I was informed the package was at sorting facility
yesterday morning and looking at locations, the package hasn't moved 20
miles from point of origin. Not shipped as indicated or package lost at
sorting facility???

Don't know who is at fault but transaction has failed on the "making a
good first impression" chart. Now that I know the package in the hands
of the post office, I'm thinking I'll have the package by Fri.

Just goes to show you, even with a near perfect record on ebay, there is
no assurance a purchase will go smoothly. Don't use ebay often but this
is the first time I've had any problems.

Mickey
Old November 21st 07, 07:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

Mickey wrote:
[...]

You're always going to have an exception to the rule.... like that one
chance in a million of getting hit by lightning. Someone will! That
doesn't mean you shouldn't go outside anymore. Or in your case, no
reason to stop using eBay, PayPal, or the US Mail! These things will
happen. You pray they won't happen with your purchase. But be prepared
that they may. Over the years I've bought many things over the Net and
eBay, some worth over $500. Yes, I was ripped off once on eBay, by a
seller in Belarus. But I learned a thing or two, and eBay insurance
covered most of it. That "blip" didn't deter me since over 95% of my
dealings over the Net have been more than positive.

Speaking of Inkcessories... back in 2005 I bought a printhead on Ebay
for an i860 from Inkcessories. Well, I'm in Canada and I received it in
just 9 days after my PayPal purchase. That to me is lightning (pardon
the first paragraph pun) fast. That printhead is still working as good
as new.

-Taliesyn
Old November 21st 07, 09:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mickey

Mickey wrote:
[...]

Well it showed up in today's mail. No-way this package traveled a 1000
mi in about 30hrs so it appears at least a portion of the problem can be
blamed on the USPS.

Mickey
Old November 21st 07, 10:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Taliesyn wrote:
Mickey wrote:
[...]

If you would use Canon ink you would not have needed a printhead.

Old November 22nd 07, 12:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Taliesyn

measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

Mickey wrote:

[...]

You never give up trolling, lying and misinformation, do you?

Canon states in their specifications that printheads are "end user
replaceable", meaning they have a limited life span regardless of what
inks you use.

The original printhead in my iP5000 has been working perfectly with
various aftermarket inks since 2004. It'll be 2008 in a couple of
months. You do the math. Nothing wrong with the inks.

The original printhead in my iP4000 has been working perfectly with
various aftermarket inks since 2005. It'll be 2008 in a couple of
months. You do the math. Nothing wrong with the inks.

The original printhead in my i860 died after just a month, ALONG with
the paper feed mechanism!!! This was a totally bum printer, a factory
lemon. Everything was replaced. The replacement printer AND new
printhead have been working perfectly with various aftermarket inks for
many years. You do the math. Nothing wrong with the inks.

But there IS something VERY wrong with your need to misinform . . . .

-Taliesyn

Old November 22nd 07, 04:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Taliesyn wrote:
measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

Mickey wrote:

[...]

I use Canon ink so mine is still good. You do not and you replaced yours.

The original printhead in my iP5000 has been working perfectly with
various aftermarket inks since 2004. It'll be 2008 in a couple of
months. You do the math. Nothing wrong with the inks.

Poor quality. More rapid fading. Everyone knows this except people who
either lie or cannot face the truth.

Old November 22nd 07, 06:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt[_3_]

"Mickey" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not making excuses for Inkcessories as it could very well be their
fault. More than a week for a pickup notice doesn't make sense, unless the
item wasn't in stock and had to be ordered. They should have communicated
that to you if it was the problem. after pickup (whatever the date was) it
sounds like the Post Office is shuffling it around their facilities.
???????? Irritating, to say the least.

I have had many problems with the US postal service. I get other people's
mail delivered to me at least twice a month, and some of my mail has gone
astray, only to find its way to me weeks later. Some of these items are
financially sensetive documents that I'd rather not have put in a stranger's
hands.

Old November 22nd 07, 06:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt[_3_]

"Mickey" wrote in message
Mickey wrote:
[...]

All's well that ends well, Mickey. It could certainly have traveled 1000
miles in 30 hours. More probably, though, your evaluation is closer to the
truth. Your package got lost in the shuffle.

Old November 22nd 07, 11:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I'm confused. Doesn't your posting suggest that the post office is the
reason for the delay? If so, how can the company which provided the
goods be placed at fault for this? Sounds like, if anything, the thing
you should try to avoid, is the post office...

Art

Old November 22nd 07, 05:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mickey

Burt wrote:

All's well that ends well, Mickey. It could certainly have traveled 1000
miles in 30 hours. More probably, though, your evaluation is closer to the
truth. Your package got lost in the shuffle.

It's not the 1000 miles I question but the last 30. Receiving location,
sorting, then off to the local post office, more sorting and then into
the van for delivery to the house, RFD.

Print-head is installed, fresh MIS ink, Kirkland paper and prints are
looking GOOD!

Did send a message off to Inkcessories telling them of package arrival.

Mickey

Canon Printhead Fix [email protected] Printers 6 April 13th 08 07:56 PM
Inkcessories spam round 2 Jacques E. Bouchard Printers 0 May 12th 07 09:41 PM
Printhead Woes. Raziaar Printers 1 January 26th 06 11:06 AM
Looking for printhead JM Printers 0 December 31st 05 02:32 AM