Overall reddish prints

Old July 2nd 05, 11:13 PM
Taliesyn

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Taliesyn wrote:

George E. Cawthon wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

Burt wrote:

I only learned conversational nihon-go when living in Japan 45
years ago. Always thought that the word sounded like Nein, but must
have imagined the "n" at the end. And you are right about French,
I'll take sushi over pate anyday.

Hmmm.... Sushi: recently swimming fish (raw). I'll pass.

Since you won't be needing your Parisian dish, Burt, can you pass
the French Fries, please. I could have some right now with a tall,
sparkling
glass of French wine - or even aftermarket wine ;-) - to unclog my
nozzles. Bon apetit!

-Taliesyn (munching on Chinese sesame flavored rice crackers as we
speak)

"satoshi" wrote in message

Alias wa nein-desu. Not too bad for a gygin, Ney?

Sounds greqat, though.

Alias wa nein-desu.

This should be read "nei-desu".
The word "nein" in your words sounds like a German: Ja or Nein
in German or Oui or Non in French.
Noboy loves French any more nowadays, huh!

I will look into Computer Friends.

Satoshi

Seems everybody likes to mix up sushi and sashimi. Sashimi is the
raw fish.

I did a quick dictionary check:

"sushi: rice (with raw fish) wrapped in seaweed"

Sounds swimmingly sprightful to me.

-Taliesyn

Right, sushi is mainly rice with other stuff. Sashimi is raw fish.

It's that "other stuff" (raw fish) that turns me off. I like rice, I
honestly had a large bowl today along with yellow beans and a.... ahem,
well-BBQ'd Hot Dog in place of the raw marine life. :-)

-Taliesyn
Old July 3rd 05, 01:45 AM
Burt

"Taliesyn" wrote in message
George E. Cawthon wrote:
Taliesyn wrote:

George E. Cawthon wrote:

"satoshi" wrote in message

[...]

The "other stuff" is much more varied than just raw fish. Granted that raw
salmon, tuna, and other fish used raw in sushi preparation are popular,
cooked, flavored, scrambled egg, cooked shrimp, cooked octopus or squid,
pickled mushrooms and pickled radishes, cucumber, and many other vegitable
items are also used in traditional sushi. In addition, there are some
recent additions - possibly a fusion of Japanese and western palates - like
California roll with crab and avacado.

Old July 3rd 05, 03:30 AM
zakezuke

It's that "other stuff" (raw fish) that turns me off. I like rice, I
honestly had a large bowl

California rolls are well, mainly a western thing, and are very tasty.
No fish or meat just avacado and cucumber rice and a seaweed roll.
Some people put mayo on them... but that I find doesn't agree with me.

Most of the store bought sushi actually uses cooked fish, with the
exception of seattle rolls which tend to be made with uncooked lox and
cream cheese. This is one of my favorites.

Spider, rainbow, caterpillar, and crunch roll I believe are also
western in orgin.

But heck, make your own rolls if you like. I've always been meaning to
try some mixtured of sauted prawns and mushrooms. The worst thing that
can happen is you'll have rice and something else you like wrapped in
seaweed, and it's very hard to find things that don't go with rice and
seaweed.

Old July 17th 05, 02:20 PM
Rod Williams

Satoshi wrote:
I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo Paper.
On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All pictures
were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem with camera
and screen color.

Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color level
from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures were still
reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what is the
problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head? Need your
help. Satoshi

The i950 is a great printer. First is your monitor calibrated?
Turn off all auto settings, Photo optimization, image opt. Go to manual
settings and play with color settings. If a nozzle check shows OK then
you should be able to correct this. Don't let anyone tell you to buy an
Epson printer.
Old July 17th 05, 04:21 PM
satoshi

I already got rid of i950. I tell you that it has nothing to do color
on monitor.
If I print plain paper with standard resolution, color is exactly the way I
see on the monitor and the real thing.
The problem starts on glossy papers (all papers other than plain paper).
It appears that i950 has inherent problem on reddish tint. With ip4000,
pictures are gorgeous on glossy and non-glossy papers. So it has nothing
to do with monitor. Epson printers were great but the problem is its
persistent clogging problem. I am very happy with ip4000. Hope this
helps. Satoshi