Lowast cost printer to operate

Old April 10th 08, 10:54 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jack Black

Default Lowast cost printer to operate

What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs
and production is considered?

Thanks
Old April 10th 08, 03:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Jack Black wrote:
What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs
and production is considered?

Thanks

Canon
Old April 11th 08, 12:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"Jack Black" wrote in message

What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs
and production is considered?

To give any reasonable answer will require more information:

1. What are you printing - B&W only, color, photo's?
2. How many pages printed per day? A printer designed for high usage may
cost 2-3x more to operate at a low duty cycle due to servicing overhead.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

Old April 11th 08, 08:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Bob Headrick wrote:
"Jack Black" wrote in message

What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs
and production is considered?

To give any reasonable answer will require more information:

1. What are you printing - B&W only, color, photo's?
2. How many pages printed per day? A printer designed for high usage
may cost 2-3x more to operate at a low duty cycle due to servicing
overhead.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

I said Canon. The HP employee has a different opinion. And if you need
tech support it is a no brainer.

Old April 13th 08, 06:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"Stryker" wrote in message

OMG... I hate to admit it... but I agree with measekite on this one...
Canon seems to be the most economical printer of the bunch... with Epson
at second... followed by HP and Lexmark.

The question, asked without any detail is something like asking "What car
gets better mileage" and having someone answer "Ford is better than Chevy".
the reality is that there are hundreds of different printer models, some
made for low volume, others designed for moderate or high volumes. In
inkjets, a printer that has fixed printheads will tend to do more servicing
than one with disposable heads, perhaps running a cleaning cycle every 1-4
days whether the printer is used or not. If you print once a week this may
be a poor choice, if you print 10 pages a day it may be OK for you. If you
only need B&W a laser printer will most likely be a better choice for total
cost of ownership unless your usage is very low. There are HP printers with
very low cost per page (for example the Business Inkjet, which has a cost
per page typically better than color laser printers) or very low purchase
price, with a typically higher operating cost per page.

If the OP is looking for an informed decision he should look at printer
yields and cartridge costs and consider how the printer will be used and
what printing requirements he needs. Page yields (using the ISO standard
measurement methods) for HP printers can be found at:
http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/...reg_R1002_USEN

Anyone that answers the original question with a simple "A is better than B
is better than C and D" does not understand even the first order factors
that affect printing costs.

- Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old April 13th 08, 11:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
glathrem

And canon is even more economical if you don't use their $3000 a gallon ink!
**** update on the dollar store ink..... Still using it and still happy
with it! I did have a problem with some super super glossy paper (that's
right measelnitwit, I don't use canon's overpriced paper either) the ink did
not adhere well. Tried dad's gunuine canon ink on the same paper with the
same results! So I concede some cheap paper will cause problems. SOME. I
have other non canon paper that is simply beautiful with my non canon ink. I
will put my photo prints next to anyone's genuine canon paper and ink and
mine will sell just as well.

"Stryker" wrote in message

"measekite" wrote in message

Bob Headrick wrote:
"Jack Black" wrote in message

What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs
and production is considered?

To give any reasonable answer will require more information:

1. What are you printing - B&W only, color, photo's?
2. How many pages printed per day? A printer designed for high usage
may cost 2-3x more to operate at a low duty cycle due to servicing
overhead.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

I said Canon. The HP employee has a different opinion. And if you need
tech support it is a no brainer.

OMG... I hate to admit it... but I agree with measekite on this one...
Canon seems to be the most economical printer of the bunch... with Epson
at second... followed by HP and Lexmark.

Stryker

Old April 13th 08, 05:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Stryker wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message

Bob Headrick wrote:
"Jack Black" wrote in message

What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs
and production is considered?

To give any reasonable answer will require more information:

1. What are you printing - B&W only, color, photo's?
2. How many pages printed per day? A printer designed for high
usage may cost 2-3x more to operate at a low duty cycle due to
servicing overhead.

Regards,
Bob Headrick

I said Canon. The HP employee has a different opinion. And if you
need tech support it is a no brainer.

OMG... I hate to admit it... but I agree with measekite on this one...
Canon seems to be the most economical printer of the bunch... with
Epson at second... followed by HP and Lexmark.

Stryker

The only correction I have on this is that lexmark is not considered a
printer.
Old April 13th 08, 05:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Bob Headrick wrote: "Stryker" wrote in message ...

OMG... I hate to admit it... but I agree with measekite on this one... Canon seems to be the most economical printer of the bunch... with Epson at second... followed by HP and Lexmark.

The question, asked without any detail is something like asking "What car gets better mileage" and having someone answer "Ford is better than Chevy". the reality is that there are hundreds of different printer models, some made for low volume, others designed for moderate or high volumes.  In inkjets, a printer that has fixed printheads will tend to do more servicing than one with disposable heads, perhaps running a cleaning cycle every 1-4 days whether the printer is used or not.  This is a rationalization from the HP employee.

And superior tech support by Canon is a no brainer.

Old April 13th 08, 05:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

glathrem wrote:

And canon is even more economical if you don't use their $3000 a gallon ink!

Dumb Dee Dumb Dumb.  If you do not use Canon ink it is no longer a designed Canon printer.

**** update on the dollar store ink..... Still using it and still happy with it!

And what is a pig happy in.

I did have a problem with some super super glossy paper (that's right measelnitwit, I don't use canon's overpriced paper either) the ink did not adhere well. Tried dad's gunuine canon ink on the same paper with the same results! So I concede some cheap paper will cause problems. SOME. I have other non canon paper that is simply beautiful with my non canon ink. I will put my photo prints next to anyone's genuine canon paper and ink and mine will sell just as well. "Stryker" wrote in message ...

"measekite"
wrote in message ...

Bob Headrick wrote:

"Jack Black"
wrote in message ...

What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs and production is considered?

To give any reasonable answer will require more information: 1. What are you printing - B&W only, color, photo's? 2. How many pages printed per day? A printer designed for high usage may cost 2-3x more to operate at a low duty cycle due to servicing overhead. Regards, Bob Headrick

I said Canon. The HP employee has a different opinion. And if you need tech support it is a no brainer.

OMG... I hate to admit it... but I agree with measekite on this one... Canon seems to be the most economical printer of the bunch... with Epson at second... followed by HP and Lexmark. Stryker

Low cost CD printing ..... which printer is ok? baker Printers 1 June 26th 05 04:01 AM
Cost of new ink cart vs new printer...?? Impmon Printers 6 April 9th 05 03:06 AM
Low running cost printer bob Printers 2 September 25th 04 04:00 AM
Good Inexpensive To Operate Printer Dick Printers 2 August 4th 04 04:42 AM
HP printer vs. ink cost?????? JohnQPublic Printers 9 June 19th 04 01:48 AM