Cleaning Epson Printer

Old October 12th 05, 06:16 PM
measekite

zakezuke wrote:

-measekite's statements
* "floppy disks fail frequently and are subject to all sorts of
problems if not handled with care"
* because floppys fail frequently it's important to have one if "for
example you need to reinstall your os and for some reason you cannot
get your cd to auto start the install process so you take a floppy and
boot dos".
* anyone who disagrees with me is a dumb jerk.

you are plus an old fart. you have all the characteristics just like burtie furtie

The man obsessed with floppy disk installation is calling me an old
fart.

YOU ARE

AND LOOK AT THE LENGTH DRIBBLE THAT NO ONE READS THAT HE WRITES ON JUST
ABOUT EVERYTHING. ONLY AN OLD FART HAS THE TIME AND PATIENCE.

Oh please. I understand how your feelings can be hurt proves
you have no idea what you are talking about.

You see the difference between you and I is I entered this conversation
not knowing if 2k or XP still offered floppy based install. It was not
something I have ever needed to do since win98 or nt4.0. So I looked
into it and discovered that the option is only available by download
and takes 6 disks. Someone like your self trying to be an expert just
feel so humiliated.

And all of this because you can not understand that shiny new Dells and
HPs do not come with floppy drives. Why should they? The floppy drive
is not used anymore, not since CDs are cheaper, faster, and store more.

Now if you have a floppy drive and you want to create some backup dos
boot disks, create the boot disks for NT 4.0 or Windows 2k or even
download the 6 for windows XP, you can feel free. Or you can use a
nice spiffy new Jump Drive. Now the nice thing about the Jump Drive,
the really nice thing about it is you can not only boot old dos, you
can install an operating system on a large one, or the entire windows
instalation on a small one.

But somehow *I'm an old fart* for actually accepting new media.

A 100 pack of floppy disks will run you $30 at office depot. Or a 10
pack for $10. That's 21cents/meg to 70cents/meg. A usb jump drive in
the 256meg size will run you $40 at the same store or $20 if you shop
around. That's 16cents/meg if you are lazy. If you do not own a
floppy disk drive and you want a backup boot the jump drive is cheap,
fast, and good. Microsoft them selfs are pretty slow to change. But
why not take the time to read what they have to say on the subject.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device.../usb-boot.mspx

But some how i'm sure you'll kick and scream, harrass me for having a
different opinion than your self, say that i'm an old fart for
accepting change. I am long winded, you got me there, but you see
given your little experence I thought you might learn something.
Clearly I was wrong.

Old October 12th 05, 07:10 PM
Impmon

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:16:38 GMT, measekite
wrote:

YOU ARE

AND LOOK AT THE LENGTH DRIBBLE THAT NO ONE READS THAT HE WRITES ON JUST
ABOUT EVERYTHING. ONLY AN OLD FART HAS THE TIME AND PATIENCE.

And no one read your drivel because you post a tiny 2 lines rant in
the middle of 200 lines quoted text. But why should I complain? Your
employer obviously don't pay you enough to cover netquitte class.
Old October 12th 05, 07:26 PM
Frank

wrote:

YOU ARE

AND LOOK AT THE LENGTH DRIBBLE THAT NO ONE READS THAT HE WRITES ON JUST
ABOUT EVERYTHING. ONLY AN OLD FART HAS THE TIME AND PATIENCE.

And no one read your drivel because you post a tiny 2 lines rant in
the middle of 200 lines quoted text. But why should I complain? Your
employer obviously don't pay you enough to cover netquitte class.

Measer****head is a desperate coward of a human being. A degenerate
****wit moron who also happens to be an idiot. He couldn't find his own
ass with both hands even with the lights turned on.
Oem ink and changing others postings are his one and only claim to fame.
Beyond that, he is totally worthless.
Kill file his stupid ass and be done with him.
Frank
Old October 12th 05, 08:40 PM
measekite

wrote:

YOU ARE

AND LOOK AT THE LENGTH DRIBBLE THAT NO ONE READS THAT HE WRITES ON
JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. ONLY AN OLD FART HAS THE TIME AND PATIENCE.

And no one read your drivel because you post a tiny 2 lines rant in
the middle of 200 lines quoted text. But why should I complain? Your
employer obviously don't pay you enough to cover netquitte class.

I am a desperate coward of a human being. A degenerate ****wit moron
who also happens to be an idiot. I couldn't find my own ass with both
hands even with the lights turned on. Beyond that, I am a totally
worthless.
Kill file my stupid ass and be done with him.
Frank

NOTTIN TOO AD HERE
Old October 13th 05, 01:26 AM
zakezuke

The bullet points

You don't need a floppy drive becuase
1. Nothing is shipped on floppy anymore.
2. CD works perfectly well
3. If the CD doesn't boot it's likely a media or drive problem.
Use a backup to help troubleshoot problems.
A replacement drive costs the same as a floppy drive, and you can ask
your
system OEM for new disks for a small fee.
4. If you need an alternative boot method to troubleshoot, use a
jumpdrive,
Zip/super/jaz/ls120. Boot with these and have a backup copy of the
windows
instalation. Tape would be spiffy, but can't say i've seen that on
the PC
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device.../usb-boot.mspx
5. WindowsXP doesn't support the creation of boot disks from the CD.
You can download boot disks if you like.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994

The only reason youd need a floppy drive is if
1. You own floppies and haven't copied them to something else
2. If someone doesn't want to e-mail you a file and gives you a
floppy.

Just like 10 years ago when systems stopped shipping with 5.25 inch
drives, systems these days are often not shipped with floppy drives.
Your average joe hasn't used a floppy disk for years. If you feel you
might need it by all means get one. But everything floppy did can be
done via other means.
Boot - cd, solid state media (sd mmc memory stick whatnot)
File exchange - CD, network, e-mail

Floppy is dead.

Old October 13th 05, 03:14 AM
zakezuke

Bullet points the condenced version

-Floppy disks are dead-
* Operating system installation can be done on CD or other forms of
media
* Data exchange can be done with modern media or via network i.e.
e-mail

-The jumpdrive is especially popular because-
* Booting is supported in current generation machines.
* It's large enough to hold the Windows installation
* You can install an OS on larger ones

Now this should be so simple that even measekite can understand.

Epson Cleaning Manual Patrick Carey Printers 5 July 26th 05 08:36 AM
wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
Epson Printer Port Howard Printers 1 December 6th 04 01:36 AM
EPSON PRINTHEADS "IS THE TRUTH OUT THERE" Martin Printers 8 December 3rd 04 01:45 AM
Looking for a good HP/Epson printer that is similar to Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX... [email protected] Printers 11 November 15th 04 03:04 AM