nVidia driver upgrade for BFG nVidia Geforce 6800GT OC (AGP) - from 71.89 to 78.01

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 27th 05, 03:29 PM
MP

Default nVidia driver upgrade for BFG nVidia Geforce 6800GT OC (AGP) - from 71.89 to 78.01

Hello. For my BFG nVidia Geforce 6800GT OC (AGP), I upgraded my 71.68 nVidia
driver to the latest (I think) nVidia driver for this 6800GT - the 78.01
driver.

I performed the 71.68 uninstall, and then installed the 78.01 (specifically,
the 7.8.0.1) download from the nVidia website.

It's 20.1 GB, by the way.

Have had no noticeable problems yet, thank goodness.

This is using a huge desktop computer with a Intel P4 3.4 GHz motherboard, a
480-watt Enermax PSU, a 300 GB Seagate SATA HDD, of course, the prerequisite
DVD+/-RW and DVD-ROM devices. And gobs of fans in a lovely and roomy - yet
monstrous - Enermax case (I LOVE Enermax cases and power supplies!).

No problems yet.

Main question:

Has anyone here had any difficulties with this WHQL-approved & certified
driver update using in particular - the BFG nVidia Geforce 6800GT OC (AGP)
video card? I haven't.

Just curious to see if something (i.e., "problems") might pop up later I
need to fix and/or adjust using this new 78.01 driver with my BFG nVidia
Geforce 6800GT OC (AGP) card.

Any tests I might want to run, etc.?

Thanks!

Mark