cpu mother board

Old February 23rd 07, 01:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
justintime

Default cpu mother board

I have an Athlon XP 2600 and FIC KT400A mother board, 1GB ram. I was
looking at upgrading to something faster as the Athlon 64's have dropped
in price.
I can get an Athlon 64 3700+ and Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 mother board for $125
I see 2 versions of the Athlon 64 one is Athlon 64 3700+ 90nm Rev E and
the other is Athlon 64 3700+. What is the difference and is it worth
while to upgrade at this time. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro video card and I
dont play games much. 1 GB of DDR ram.

Comments

Thank you
Old February 23rd 07, 05:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
SiO2

justintime wrote:
I have an Athlon XP 2600 and FIC KT400A mother board, 1GB ram. I was
looking at upgrading to something faster as the Athlon 64's have dropped
in price.
I can get an Athlon 64 3700+ and Gigabyte GA-K8NF9 mother board for $125
I see 2 versions of the Athlon 64 one is Athlon 64 3700+ 90nm Rev E and
the other is Athlon 64 3700+. What is the difference and is it worth
while to upgrade at this time. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro video card and I
dont play games much. 1 GB of DDR ram.

Comments

Thank you

It would have helped if you gave links to whatever versions you see.
http://www.amdcompare.com/images/us-en/chart_r2.gif might help you figure
some of it out.

This "impulse buy" will snowball into a new video card, new memory, new
hard drive, new power supply...
Old March 3rd 07, 05:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
joe

I know I bought a AMD 64 4000 Socket 939 for $75 and a Biostar Geforce
6400 MB for $50 and a Radeon X800 128 for $30. $155 for the package not
too bad I thonk, comming from a Tbird 2600 and Radeon 9800 pro. I was
able to use my DDR memory in this board.

Thanks