Mesh PC offer

Old July 6th 03, 04:55 PM
RB

Default Mesh PC offer

"meshresponse" wrote in message
m...
Nick

MESH Response would like to contribute to your string to assure you
that MESH Computers is an established and well regarded IT supplier
producing first rate PCs - all with comprehensive 3-year on-site
warranties as standard.

Hello Mesh. Well regarded by whom exactly? )
If you know how to use Google I'd suggest entering "Mesh computer" for this
group or any other as the reality is very different. Mesh has always
depended heavily on advertising for its sales rather than providing decent
service to build a reputation. Sadly its reputation for customer service is
about as low as it gets.

Yes I think we all know about that famous warrantee of yours. What sort of a
"comprehensive on-site warrantee" is it that requires the entire system to
be returned to you for the replacement of chipset fan. When mine died after
8 months you claimed it was just too big a job to be done on site but in
truth required only a few minutes and a screwdriver..

As you said in your email: "Please note that under the terms of the onsite
warranty, we reserve the right to ask for the unit to be returned to our
workshop." The system in question was located only 30 minutes from your
head-office.

Are you aware that "on-site" is generally understood to mean on the
customer's site not on the suppliers site. Have you any plans to ensure
that "on-site" will mean that all repairs are done without returning the
system to you.

We would respond to any detractor by saying that with over 16 years
experience of supplying award winning PC, we now possess over 150,000
satisfied customers who have not only bought a PC from us, but also
come back for additional PCs, upgrades and peripherals.

splutter Bugger, you've just made me spill my coffee and tread on the dog.
Have you ever asked those 150,000 customers if they are satisfied. I have
the impression that customer satisfaction isn't a priority for Mr Sherafati
and Mr Padashifard who I understand own Mesh. Not many companies get away
with that policy forever though. Those worthless "awards" come from
magazines with whom you are their biggest advertiser. Magazines that derive
a major proportion of their costs as advertising income from Mesh are hardly
independent are they? The awards are fully bought and paid for.

Our standard warranty is among one of the best. Look in any National
Newspaper and you would be hard pressed to find better without paying
substantially more for it.

Read the small print about that warrantee.

We offer you branded components, first rate build quality, unbeatable
prices and extended on–site assistance (as well as life time
telephone hardware support).

Try using one of those support lines. You couldn't even manage to supply the
system with an ME Restore disk to match the operating system you'd
installed - let alone set the system up properly. In my friend's case you
sent his system without the CDR as itemised on his on-line order. You then
claimed that was because the price had risen by £50 so you had reduced the
specification already agreed and paid for. It was only sorted out after he
requested his CC company to intervene. Had to fit it himself of course and
buy himself a suitable cable.

True to form, you sent my system without telling me the day of delivery as
promised and only by chance was I at home for lunch. According to the
courier: "It's a joke, they never phone anyone; that's why they have so many
delivery problems". Sorry, but that's the reality of what to expect from
Mesh.

We regularly monitor all the forums and have an active presence on
them – so should you or any other contributor on this string
feel they require assistance with their PC, they can email us at
where we will look into your problem as
a matter of urgency.

I'll certainly email you again. My problem is that my hard-drive died more
than 12 days ago and after six emails to you I am still awaiting the
instructions you say will arrive by post to allow me to return the drive to
you. I will then have to telephone and wait until Mesh tests the drive and
hopefully eventually sends a replacement. How many days/weeks do you
anticipate will pass before I will receive a replacement drive under the
Mesh warranty?

Hope you don't think I'm too impatient, it's just that it took from November
until March to get another chipset fan from you last time it went. Got all
the emails here.

Knowing your history I have purchased a replacement hard-drive to keep the
system running while Mesh get their act together. The new drive from
Komplett arrived from Sweden just two days after ordering. The Mesh head
office is just 10 miles or so from here but service like that must be beyond
your imagination.

A further problem is that the PC randomly reboots itself a couple of times a
day. Probably a duff power-supply but I doubt there is any chance of getting
a new power-supply from Mesh without returning the entire system for weeks
so my only option is like to be buying and fitting a replacement myself.

You have also been told that the chip-set fan is again screeching. The cost
of the 40mm fan must be under a pound but you are insisting that it is
returned to you for testing before a replacement is considered. That would
make the PC unusable for as long as it takes Mesh to think about it and then
source a replacement. A week, a month, or longer? I haven't been able to buy
one locally. Any company that in any way had the interests of it's customers
to the fore would attempt to minimise their inconvenience by sending such a
minor part and having the old part returned afterwards. So how much regard
for your customers do you have?

I would bear in mind that the above purchase by Ray of his PC was some
time ago and that whilst uncomplimentary about us, also added,
“don't believe any of the lying computer mags that get paid to
write otherwise”. Does this sound like a balanced and reasonable
viewpoint?

Does that sound the way that a decent major company would refer to a
customer? The system is still well within the warranty period. Is it the
official policy of Mesh to deride their customers rather than deal with
their problems? If that is you idea of public relations then the terrible
reputation of Mesh for service is no surprise.

Has Mesh *ever* received an "award" from any magazine it hasn't made large
payments to for advertising? The level of complaints about the service from
Mesh is well-known throughout the net but never mentioned by those
sycophantic magazines.

If you doubt just how poor your reputation is I suggest you search Google
for many comments by others in this ng and check out
http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/company.php?33 . As a customer I wish it
were otherwise but you are generally considered a shambles.

We would ask you to find out more about our range of PCs and support
services. Don’t hesitate to contact our sales advisors and ask
them about our warranty. If in doubt, email us at the address above
and we would be happy to give any assurances you might want. In short
– you can rest assured that we will support your friend every
step of the way.

Really, any assurance? Will you give the assurance that a Mesh "on-site"
warranty actually means on-site with no excuses? An assurance in this
newsgroup would be welcomed, and if it came from anyone in authority at Mesh
who was prepared to give his name that would be even better.

What ever your choice you make – we hope your friend enjoys
many years trouble free computing.

Regards - MESH Response.

So after 12 days and 6 emails I'm still waiting for the instruction you
say you will send for returning the hard-drive. No surprise given your
reputation but hardly impressive service is it? Because of the delay and
with no way of knowing when a replacement will arrive I have had to purchase
a new drive despite the "comprehensive warrantee". At this rate it could be
weeks before a replacement is obtained from you. To obtain a replacement for
the failing £1 fan under the Mesh warrantee system I would have to be
without system for as long as it takes. Who knows how long that could be. In
practice I'll also need to buy and fit a new power supply myself too. All
keeps down those warranty costs nicely doesn't it?

If Mesh wants to put it's notorious reputation for poor service behind it,
it needs to vastly improve and not just deny there is a problem. If that
were ever to happen it could be an excellent company. An email will be sent
to the address you've given and I'll keep the newsgroups updated on whether
the service from Mesh has got any better.

Ray

Old July 6th 03, 11:35 PM
RB

"Chris Buckley" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:55:58 +0000 (UTC) and in article be9gqc$fgq$1
@titan.btinternet.com, RB said...

Read the small print about that warrantee.

Sorry, but look - if you want to hold any sort of credibility with me
you are GOING TO HAVE TO LEARN TO ****ING SPELL !!!!!

You're quite right of course young Christopher and I'm glad to see you
taking an interest in such things at last since leaving school. Have you
grasped the difference between "there", "they're" and "their" yet, which you
used to have so much difficulty with as I remember?

How's that Nikon camera you bought?

Ray

ATI Half Life 2 offer: CD vs. Steam Brett Tyre Ati Videocards 11 November 17th 04 04:59 PM
Can I play free offer cd games without Steam account Ilkka R?s?nen Ati Videocards 6 September 13th 04 05:05 PM
Free CDR Offer Kelly Pierce Cdr 2 June 20th 04 02:43 AM
Power Supplies - Can anyone offer a quality opinion on Ultra Power Supplies please? - TIA Pete Overclocking AMD Processors 8 February 2nd 04 09:22 AM