nvidia FX 5200

Old February 13th 04, 02:21 AM
@fuzzypeach@

Default nvidia FX 5200

hi everybody,
it's the first time I write in this NG
I'm italian, from rome
I've bought a Ge Force FX5200
since I've installed it I have had problems
often it happens that my pc doesn't recognize it at start and I have to open
the case, take the FX 5200 off and then insert it back. I must do this way
many times until the pc can start again
yesterday my pc started turning off the monitor after about 15 minutes since
I've turned it on and jamming
everytime I've had to turn off the pc
after that it start again

can you help me suggesting what to do?
thanks

fabrizio

Old February 13th 04, 04:10 AM
steve2112

Greatings from new york. sounds like there is a problem with the card
itself or that you damaged the slot putting the card in and taking it
out. i would try the card in a different machine or try a different card
in your machine

steve

"@fuzzypeach@" ;;;;;;no wrote in
:

Old February 13th 04, 04:05 PM
Tal Fucus

Fabrizio,
Welcome to the NG :-)

I had some problems after installing a new FX5200 derved from a waek power
soply.
I know about others having those problems too.
On the other hand it might be bad card as suggested before.

Tal

Old February 13th 04, 09:03 PM
Paul

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:21:06 +0100, "@fuzzypeach@"
;;;;;;no wrote:

hi everybody,
it's the first time I write in this NG
I'm italian, from rome
I've bought a Ge Force FX5200
since I've installed it I have had problems
often it happens that my pc doesn't recognize it at start and I have to open
the case, take the FX 5200 off and then insert it back. I must do this way
many times until the pc can start again
yesterday my pc started turning off the monitor after about 15 minutes since
I've turned it on and jamming
everytime I've had to turn off the pc
after that it start again

can you help me suggesting what to do?
thanks

fabrizio

Try this
right click on desktoppropertiessettingsadvancedtroublesh oot
uncheck 'Enable write combining''
let us know
Old February 14th 04, 01:18 AM
@fuzzypeach@

Try this
right click on desktoppropertiessettingsadvancedtroublesh oot
uncheck 'Enable write combining''
let us know

I'll try...
thank you very much

....maybe the videocards doesn't work correctly?
I mean... a hardware problem?

It happens that sometimes, if I hit the case, it starts again....