Missing temperature menu

Old December 21st 03, 12:08 AM
Roger

Default Missing temperature menu

I just installed a Sparkle FX 5700. The manual mentions a temperature =
monitoring
menu in the display properties as an option. Where can I get this? It's =
not included
on the CD and is not on the Sparkle's site.. Any idea?
Old December 21st 03, 04:01 AM
Dan

Right click on your desktop / Properties / Settings / Advanced / GeForce FX
5700 / On the popout menu you will see temperature settings left click on
it.

Old December 21st 03, 02:50 PM
Roger

That's what the manual says but there is no such menu there! How come I =
wonder?
I guess I need some registry hack or something but where can I get it or =
a program
that reads the temp values?

"Dan" wrote in message =
Right click on your desktop / Properties / Settings / Advanced / =

GeForce FX
5700 / On the popout menu you will see temperature settings left click =

on
it.
=20

Old December 21st 03, 06:13 PM
Dark Avenger

"Roger" wrote in message
I just installed a Sparkle FX 5700. The manual mentions a temperature
monitoring
menu in the display properties as an option. Where can I get this?

It's not
included
on the CD and is not on the Sparkle's site.. Any idea?

Maybe there is no read-out of the temps.. and only internally the card
such is used.

Hell, if they can make the card cheaper by removing the temperature
monitoring readout Sparkle surely does!
Old December 21st 03, 08:22 PM
Roger

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message =
om...
"Roger" wrote in message =

That's what the manual says but there is no such menu there! How =

come I=20
wonder?
I guess I need some registry hack or something but where can I get =

it or=20
a program
that reads the temp values?
=20
"Dan" wrote in message=20
> [...]
Right click on your desktop / Properties / Settings / Advanced /=20

GeForce FX
5700 / On the popout menu you will see temperature settings left =

click=20
=20
Maybe there is no read-out of the temps.. and only internally the card
such is used.
=20
Hell, if they can make the card cheaper by removing the temperature
monitoring readout Sparkle surely does!

I suspected that aswell. But the thing is that there's a picture of that =
menu in the
manual and it's mentioned as an optional feature several places. There =
is also
supposed to be an option to set the fallback temperature. I can't =
understand why
this card can't support this unless it's reserved for the Ultra's only.

If noone knows of a registry hack or menu addon or anything... are there =
any good
programs for nvidia tweaking and such that may show this info?

Old December 24th 03, 10:42 AM
Me

The card doesn't have the temp monitoring circuitry.
The manual is a generic one covering a range of cards.