nVidia Card speed a bit confusing when displayed by different programs.

Old December 24th 03, 01:13 PM
Willie

Default nVidia Card speed a bit confusing when displayed by different programs.

Below is the speeds given by the Leadtek website for my card which is
the WinFast A350 TDH MyVIVO 128mb DDR.

(Information from Website)
Engine clock = 400MHz
Memory Data Rate = 850MHz
RAMDACs = 400MHz

Now I have speeds given from Coolbits and Win32 below, what I am
trying to work out is, what is what.
I figure that the Memory Data Rate above is equal to the win32
Effective Clock at bottom and the RAMDAC above is equal to the RAMDAC
below. But where does the 400MHz Engine clock above fit in with the
Win32 figures and Coolbits below, I am assuming that it is the GPU
Clock in Win32 and Core Clock Frequency in Coolbits, in which case the
figures provided by Leadtek are deliberately misleading people to
believe that the card is faster then it really is.

(Coolbits Hack)
Core Clock Frequency = 300MHz
Memory Clock Frequency = 850MHz

(Win32 v3.88)