What is the unique feature of GA-X58A-UD3R?

Old November 4th 10, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
dgront

Default What is the unique feature of GA-X58A-UD3R?

I would like to buy GA-X58A-UD3R MoB for my i7. The problem is that my
university will pay for it from public money. I can't just go to the
nearest store and grab it.

Instead, my university has to publish the "Express of interest" that
it wants to buy a computer. I can write the relevant part of it but I
can't name any specific brand in this document. So the sellers may
offer anything that satisfies tech specs and I can't say I want
Gigabyte. The cheapest offer wins and I have no control over what my
institution is buying.

So what should I write in the "Express of interest" to get GA-X58A-
UD3R? No other _cheaper_ board may satisfy the criteria I am
providing.

For example, I also want to buy Intel i7 processor without saying the
word "intel". So I am asking for a CPU that:
- I can run Mac OS X on it
- has at least 4 cores
- the clock is at least 3.08 GHz
- is not slower on the standard benchmark XYZ (whatever...) that i7
950.

So I need a combination of features and parameters (numbers, MHz, GHz,
milliseconds - you name it) that uniquely define GA-X58A-UD3R.

Best,
Dominik

PS. I need GA-X58A-UD3R to install Mac OS X on a PC, I know for sure
it runs on this board+CPU. If you know by any chance what makes a
mother board Mac OS X - compatible, I may state that instead of
insisting on GA-X58A-UD3R.

PSS Boards better than GA-X58A-UD3R (say, GA-X58A-UD5) are also OK,
just GA-X58A-UD3R is cheaper.

PST Note, that I am naming "Mac OS X" brand but the trick is that I
am NOT buying it...
Old November 5th 10, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
peter

?You know this is like writing specs....
It must meet the following requirements:
3 oz of copper in the mobo
6 USB3 ports
2 SATA6 connectors
6 SATA3 connectors
etc etc

you lay out the specs of what you wish to buy ...
and those specs match the Gigabyte board...especially the Copper
and the ability to charge a cellphone off the USB port.

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

Old November 6th 10, 05:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Andy

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:34:16 -0700 (PDT), dgront
wrote:

[...]

LGA1366 socket compatibility
4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots
2 PCI Express x1 slots
1 PCI slot
1 PS/2 port for keyboard
1 PS/2 port for mouse
Japanese solid capacitors for stability and reliability

GA-X58A-UD7 Jim[_31_] Gigabyte Motherboards 1 July 17th 10 01:32 PM
GA-X58A-UD7 Monty Gigabyte Motherboards 2 July 10th 10 05:31 PM
GA-X58A-UD3R / Core i7 920 D0 heat query Mark West[_2_] Gigabyte Motherboards 1 March 19th 10 01:07 AM
Unique feature of a CD Varun Gupta Cdr 3 December 26th 05 05:26 AM
is dual channel a memory feature or a MoBo feature? msim General 5 July 27th 05 12:19 PM