DualView is ****ing me off

Old January 5th 09, 03:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ichibod

Default DualView is ****ing me off

I have a CRT and an LCD hooked up to an 8800GT. Dualview is supposed to
allow each monitor to use its own setting for resolution and refresh
rate. Resolution works as advertised but refresh rate only works
sometimes. Half the time the CRT comes up during boot as 60hz when I set
it to 85hz. This is on XP. Anyone know a fix?
Old January 5th 09, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Randy

I don't know much about these things but I also have a dual view and could
not live without UltraMon.
They offer a lot more independent settings than the Nvidia Control Panel. .
Have you tried UltraMon?

Old January 5th 09, 03:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nobody

Yes this is a pain. Apparently if you install the drivers when the existing
resolution is 60 Hz then that is what it will remain as. I used to be able
to get 72Hz but like you I now only get 60Hz

I fix for games can be found at www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl

regards,

Old January 5th 09, 05:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ichibod

"Randy" wrote in message
I don't know much about these things but I also have a dual view and could
not live without UltraMon.
They offer a lot more independent settings than the Nvidia Control Panel.
.
Have you tried UltraMon?

I will go get a copy, thanks. If it's not free I won't be buying it though.

Old January 5th 09, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ichibod

"nobody" wrote in message
Yes this is a pain. Apparently if you install the drivers when the
existing resolution is 60 Hz then that is what it will remain as. I used
to be able to get 72Hz but like you I now only get 60Hz

Thanks for the link. On my PC it is random, sometimes it boots up at what I
set it to and other times at 60hz. I can still change it manually to a
higher refresh rate though. It sounds like you are stuck at 60hz. Maybe it
is because I am using P'n'P monitor .inf instead of the manufacturer's. Good
to know this is a common issue and not due to my specific setup.

Thank you Dell for pissing off a customer D Dell Computers 48 January 27th 06 05:03 AM
dualview gone Scotter Nvidia Videocards 2 January 14th 06 04:57 PM
HP deskjet 3822 - Pissing me off - wont print Damo Printers 1 August 4th 05 03:54 AM
DualView John Reid Nvidia Videocards 1 August 21st 04 04:27 AM
Here's something you don't see everyday: 90nm silicon pissing contest Yousuf Khan General 1 May 28th 04 07:44 PM