what drivers for Vista

Old February 16th 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigJim

Default what drivers for Vista

I installed Vista U and the 97.46 drivers were included. Vista installed
these drivers for my 6600gt 128 meg agp card.
Everything is working ok with these drivers. I tried one game, Halo, it runs
fine along with Areo Glass. Anyone think that a driver upgrade would be any
better than what I am running now?

Halo was just to test, I am going to try to run FEAR with the older driver.
Just to see what
I can get out of them.

TIA

Old February 17th 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

In article , BigJim
says...
I installed Vista U and the 97.46 drivers were included. Vista installed
these drivers for my 6600gt 128 meg agp card.
Everything is working ok with these drivers. I tried one game, Halo, it runs
fine along with Areo Glass. Anyone think that a driver upgrade would be any
better than what I am running now?

100.64 are out.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old February 17th 07, 03:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigJim

yes I know but the ones I am running seem to be stable, no crashes. I just
played FEAR for
two hours without problems. I don't want to muck up a stable system with new
drivers if I don't need them/

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
In article , BigJim
says...

Old February 17th 07, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David Vair

If it 'aint broke, don't fix it
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"BigJim" wrote in message . ..
yes I know but the ones I am running seem to be stable, no crashes. I just played FEAR for
two hours without problems. I don't want to muck up a stable system with new drivers if I don't
need them/

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
In article , BigJim
says...

Old February 17th 07, 12:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
heycarnut

On Feb 16, 9:56 pm, "David Vair" wrote:
If it 'aint broke, don't fix it
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

Great advice.
I've found the latest NV release to be a bit more buggy on one of my
particular platforms, but fine on others.
GPU drivers, like any, really only need updating if they fix a bug one
is experiencing, have a new feature one needs, or offer some
performance
benefit. Otherwise, you're just a testing guinea pig...lol.

Old February 17th 07, 03:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigJim

I have a bug in vista and I am trying to determine if it is a video driver
bug or a vista bug.
With Dreamscene turned on and I try to play a DVD using WMC the video driver
get
dumped and then recovered. The dvd will play fine using MP11 standalone. Now
DreamScene is beta so
I wondering if I should charge MS for beta testing? I also get the video
dump with DreamScene turned off. You know what I am just not going to use
WMC.

oups.com...

Old February 17th 07, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawn[_2_]

Yeah, the 100.64 drivers work great. I played Rainbow 6: Lockdown with
everything on max and it looked beautiful and ran smooth. Battlefield 2
runs good too.
This is on a 7900GS runnin 1280x1024, I will wait for a low price on DX10
cards since I am running such a low resolution and no games for DX10
anywayz.

Shawn

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
In article , BigJim
says...

Old February 18th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigJim

thanks that is good to know
"Shawn" wrote in message
Yeah, the 100.64 drivers work great. I played Rainbow 6: Lockdown with
everything on max and it looked beautiful and ran smooth. Battlefield 2
runs good too.
This is on a 7900GS runnin 1280x1024, I will wait for a low price on DX10
cards since I am running such a low resolution and no games for DX10
anywayz.

Shawn

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
In article , BigJim
says...

Old February 18th 07, 12:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rob Pollard

I get problems with the 100.64 drivers with Steel Beasts Pro so I ended up
switching to the previous version. That said, the 100.64's seemed to deliver
a much improved performance.

RobP

"Shawn" wrote in message
Yeah, the 100.64 drivers work great. I played Rainbow 6: Lockdown with
everything on max and it looked beautiful and ran smooth. Battlefield 2
runs good too.
This is on a 7900GS runnin 1280x1024, I will wait for a low price on DX10
cards since I am running such a low resolution and no games for DX10
anywayz.

Shawn

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
In article , BigJim
says...

Old February 18th 07, 01:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
F r e e

most games look ashtonizing with the latest official beta 100. whatever...

"BigJim" escribió en el mensaje
thanks that is good to know
"Shawn" wrote in message
Yeah, the 100.64 drivers work great. I played Rainbow 6: Lockdown with
everything on max and it looked beautiful and ran smooth. Battlefield 2
runs good too.
This is on a 7900GS runnin 1280x1024, I will wait for a low price on DX10
cards since I am running such a low resolution and no games for DX10
anywayz.

Shawn

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .