93.71 forceware - any problems?

Old November 15th 06, 03:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
VicTek

Default 93.71 forceware - any problems?

I had been using 82.12 without issues, but 93.71 seems to have introduced
some flickering, such as when I load the new Nvidia control panel. Has
anyone else noticed this or other issues?

Old November 15th 06, 11:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Dirk Pajonk

Videooverlayadjustment ain't possible in videosoftware,
Only Nvidia Control has got the privileg to adjust the videooverlay.
Telciline doesn't work when selected pal or NTSC!
Wen't back to 91.47!

. com...

Old November 16th 06, 12:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos

VicTek wrote:
I had been using 82.12 without issues, but 93.71 seems to have introduced
some flickering, such as when I load the new Nvidia control panel. Has
anyone else noticed this or other issues?

Some older drivers used to blank the monitor every time you went into
the control panel, but only if an overclocking or refresh rate
adjustment was in effect. I used to notice this on FX and earlier
cards, but not with a 6600GT or 7600GT. It may have something to do
with a particular manufacturers BIOS or components.
Old November 16th 06, 03:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
VicTek

"deimos" wrote in message
VicTek wrote:
I had been using 82.12 without issues, but 93.71 seems to have introduced
some flickering, such as when I load the new Nvidia control panel. Has
anyone else noticed this or other issues?

Some older drivers used to blank the monitor every time you went into the
control panel, but only if an overclocking or refresh rate adjustment was
in effect. I used to notice this on FX and earlier cards, but not with a
6600GT or 7600GT. It may have something to do with a particular
manufacturers BIOS or components.

I should have mentioned that I have a 6600GT. I'm aware of the "blanking"
you're referring to, but that's not happening. What I notice after I've
opened the new Nvidia control panel is the icons in the panel flicker when
the mouse cursor is moved over them. What's up with that?

Old November 17th 06, 12:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tecknomage

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:36:17 GMT, "VicTek" wrote:

"deimos" wrote in message
VicTek wrote:
I had been using 82.12 without issues, but 93.71 seems to have introduced
some flickering, such as when I load the new Nvidia control panel. Has
anyone else noticed this or other issues?

Some older drivers used to blank the monitor every time you went into the
control panel, but only if an overclocking or refresh rate adjustment was
in effect. I used to notice this on FX and earlier cards, but not with a
6600GT or 7600GT. It may have something to do with a particular
manufacturers BIOS or components.

I should have mentioned that I have a 6600GT. I'm aware of the "blanking"
you're referring to, but that's not happening. What I notice after I've
opened the new Nvidia control panel is the icons in the panel flicker when
the mouse cursor is moved over them. What's up with that?

There IS a problem with 93.71 and it's worse that just blinking. I
just loaded this "update" and had to go back to 91.47 drivers.

Why? When I tried to play "Splinter Cell" (1st game in the series)
the video constantly stuttered and I could not do anything. Had to
use the reset button. Tried to play twice.

I am very disappointed in nVidia. I think they are so focused on the
newer versions of their GPs that they are not checking backward
compatibility with older games, cards, etc. I did notice something
that seemed nonsense when I updated to 91.47, it treated my GeForce
6600 AGP as if it was an SLI. SLI didn't exist when the 6600 came
out, at least as far as I know. And I note that they had to come out
with a Registry fix for the SLI error message that was displayed in
the Control Panel for the 6600, evidence that they were aware of the
incompatibility of SLI & 6600.

It looks like I will have to forgo any more graphic driver updates. At
least until nVidia can prove backward compatibility.

--
==== Tecknomage ====
All technology which is sufficiently advanced becomes
Old November 17th 06, 01:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Maus

OT,
but why do i have a SLI compatible 6600? (To be more accurat: Asus EN6600GT,
with SLI....)...
So there are 6600 cards wich support SLI.. But indeed, not all 6600 cards
have the SLI support.

The drivers are also mentioned for even older cards than the 6600, from the
time that there wasn't SLI.

But the cause of the problems...i don't know

Maus

--
(\__/)
(O.o )

Old November 17th 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:24:08 GMT, "VicTek" wrote:

I had been using 82.12 without issues, but 93.71 seems to have introduced
some flickering, such as when I load the new Nvidia control panel. Has
anyone else noticed this or other issues?

I don't know if it's related or not, but....

I recently installed the latest drivers for my Microsoft Intellimouse
Explorer 3.0. Some of the newer mouse features require that the
"ipoint.exe" program be running in the background. But that program
causes random display flickering. I don't know if it's the 93.71's
(they were installed before I installed the mouse drivers) or the
"ipoint.exe" program. Disabling "ipoint.exe" from loading eliminates
the flickering.
Old November 17th 06, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

"deimos" wrote in message
VicTek wrote:
[...]

One thing I noticed with some games (e.g. GTA:SA), you have
to go into Nvidia's DirectX property sheet and change the "max
frames to render ahead" from 3 to 1. This has cleared up
stuttering in every game I've had the problem with.

Old November 17th 06, 09:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:06:20 -0500, Folk wrote:

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:24:08 GMT, "VicTek" wrote:

I had been using 82.12 without issues, but 93.71 seems to have introduced
some flickering, such as when I load the new Nvidia control panel. Has
anyone else noticed this or other issues?

I don't know if it's related or not, but....

I recently installed the latest drivers for my Microsoft Intellimouse
Explorer 3.0. Some of the newer mouse features require that the
"ipoint.exe" program be running in the background. But that program
causes random display flickering. I don't know if it's the 93.71's
(they were installed before I installed the mouse drivers) or the
"ipoint.exe" program. Disabling "ipoint.exe" from loading eliminates
the flickering.

FYI, I just found a post over in microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
that details the screen-flickering with the Intellimouse software, and
that poster is using a Radeon card. So I guess that eliminates 93.71
as the problem. Sorry for the noise...
Old November 20th 06, 12:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tecknomage

"deimos" wrote in message
VicTek wrote:
[...]

What "nVidia DirectX" property sheet? Where is it?

--
==== Tecknomage ====
All technology which is sufficiently advanced becomes
indistinguishable from magic.

Have you had problems with iiyama VM Pro 454 or 451 monitors? Irish Rover Homebuilt PC's 8 January 7th 05 11:29 PM
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE + Shuttle machine = Problems Jiri Kuukasjärvi General 2 September 12th 04 11:17 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM
FX problems. Drivers or hardware? NickNick Nvidia Videocards 6 September 15th 03 12:01 AM