Nvidia Drivers and 7950 512 meg.Is it supported yet ???

Old November 3rd 06, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Home Theatre Guy

Default Nvidia Drivers and 7950 512 meg.Is it supported yet ???

Tried the latest drievrs and says it can't find a supported card ?

Using the Leadtek drivers that came with the card ???

Thanks.

Old November 4th 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Home Theatre Guy wrote:

Tried the latest drievrs and says it can't find a supported card ?

Using the Leadtek drivers that came with the card ???

Thanks.

This is an issue with some driver suites that do not have the 7950GT
enumerated in the .inf file.

Go over to Nvidia.com and get the very latest 93.71 drivers for
WindowsXP if you do not wish to manually edit your .inf file.

Old November 5th 06, 03:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Home Theatre Guy

93.71 dont work either says not supported ??

Old November 5th 06, 03:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Home Theatre Guy

HMMM just tried it again and it seemed to have worked. No idea why it
now works ???

Anyways its updated and thats all that matters.

Thanks.

Old November 5th 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Home Theatre Guy wrote:

HMMM just tried it again and it seemed to have worked. No idea why it
now works ???

Anyways its updated and thats all that matters.

Thanks.

I'm glad you got it working, but let's face it, that shouldn't have
happened. When you have the time, check your device manager (in safe
mode too if you know how to do that) and get rid of any uninstalled
devices that might not be truly uninstalled.

One reason that an add-in card might not be recognized by it's driver
software is that the BIOS of the board is old, or there is a signaling
problem in the card itself, presenting a bad vendor/device code. In
addition to the aforementioned .inf file missing the right entry.

I had this same problem, but I have used three different video drivers
since then (no BIOS changes) and it hasn't been a repeat issue. Yet, the
creative X-FI, refuses to install on this board. It's driver software
says "no compatible hardware installed". Go figure.
Old November 6th 06, 12:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message

[...]

I had this same problem, but I have used three different video drivers
since then (no BIOS changes) and it hasn't been a repeat issue. Yet,
the creative X-FI, refuses to install on this board. It's driver
software says "no compatible hardware installed". Go figure.

From memory, the 2.07.0004 update fixed the "no compatible hardware" problem
by updating Creative Audio Console. The last time I looked the current
driver version is 2.09.0001.

Old November 6th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Home Theatre Guy

System is just 2 weeks old.

Gigabyte 965p-DS3 latest bios.

Though i'am still having a little problem with the TEXT it seems to be
out of focus just that tiny bit where you can see the shadow on the
text. Not sure if its the Vidcard or the TV just needs some
calabrating.

Useing component to conect to my HD 720p TV. I have fixed it some what
with TV setting but its still their and anoying

Thanks,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:46:02 +1100, "DRS"
wrote:

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
om

[...]

I had this same problem, but I have used three different video drivers
since then (no BIOS changes) and it hasn't been a repeat issue. Yet,
the creative X-FI, refuses to install on this board. It's driver
software says "no compatible hardware installed". Go figure.

From memory, the 2.07.0004 update fixed the "no compatible hardware" problem

Old November 6th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

DRS wrote:

I had this same problem, but I have used three different video drivers
since then (no BIOS changes) and it hasn't been a repeat issue. Yet,
the creative X-FI, refuses to install on this board. It's driver
software says "no compatible hardware installed". Go figure.

From memory, the 2.07.0004 update fixed the "no compatible hardware" problem
by updating Creative Audio Console. The last time I looked the current
driver version is 2.09.0001.

That's handy info! I notice a new release of drivers and apps on
Creative's download page, perhaps I'll give the X-fi another try and see
if an nforce4 board + 7950gt + X-fi works with current drivers.

I use a PCI nic as well, so I might be troubled by those awful latency
issues that are so hit-and-miss with every new soundblaster generation.
But yet, the 2ZS runs perfectly in the self-same set-up. Go figure.

Old November 6th 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message

[...]

I use a PCI nic as well, so I might be troubled by those awful latency
issues that are so hit-and-miss with every new soundblaster
generation. But yet, the 2ZS runs perfectly in the self-same set-up.
Go figure.

While the latency issues seem more common on nForce chipsets they are by no
means confined to them. The two factors that seem most likely to trigger
them are RAID and SLI.

Old November 12th 06, 12:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
bandit

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:11:02 +1100, Home Theatre Guy Home Theatre
Guy wrote:

System is just 2 weeks old.

Gigabyte 965p-DS3 latest bios.

Though i'am still having a little problem with the TEXT it seems to be
out of focus just that tiny bit where you can see the shadow on the
text. Not sure if its the Vidcard or the TV just needs some
calabrating.

Did you try to use the clear text in the appearance tab,if not right
click on desk top then click properties then appearance then click on
effects and select cleartype under the smooth edges of screen fonts

Useing component to conect to my HD 720p TV. I have fixed it some what
with TV setting but its still their and anoying

Thanks,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:46:02 +1100, "DRS"
wrote:

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message

[...]

I had this same problem, but I have used three different video drivers
since then (no BIOS changes) and it hasn't been a repeat issue. Yet,
the creative X-FI, refuses to install on this board. It's driver
software says "no compatible hardware installed". Go figure.

From memory, the 2.07.0004 update fixed the "no compatible hardware" problem