91.47 video issue?

Old October 2nd 06, 09:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mick

Default 91.47 video issue?

I'm experiencing problems watching video on my GT7800. No matter which
player I use (WMP, Nero media player) the video image is very dark until the
last few seconds of play when it turns normal. I did not have this problem
prior to doing a clean reinstall and using the latest driver.

Anyone else experienced this or got any suggestions?

Old October 3rd 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
TimBuzz

Yes, I had the same issue with a 7800 GTX (XP64) and a 6600GT AGP. Reverted
back to 80 series drivers. I found contrast would change if you opened the
NVidia control panel and made adjustments as well.

Buzz

Old October 3rd 06, 01:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

In WMP, try disabling "video mixing renderer". It should force the system to
use overlay. Then the overlay gamma settings in the nVidia control panel can
be used.

Old October 3rd 06, 07:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lukas Mariman

"Mick" schreef in bericht
I'm experiencing problems watching video on my GT7800. No matter which
player I use (WMP, Nero media player) the video image is very dark until
the last few seconds of play when it turns normal. I did not have this
problem prior to doing a clean reinstall and using the latest driver.

Anyone else experienced this or got any suggestions?

FWIW I had the same issues. I use a Geforce 6600GT 256Mb, PCI-E card.

Old October 3rd 06, 11:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Another user with the same issues, and it's a tragedy. A million other users
and it's a statistic... :-)

Old October 4th 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Sharanga Dayananda

In WMP, switch to VMR rendering instead of overlay ( Click on the Tool menu,
select Options and go to the performance tab. From here, tick the "Use Video
Mixing Renderer" and also tick the "Use High Quality Mode" tickboxes and the
problem should go away in WMP. Other apps like PowerDVD will still suffer
from this as they run in overlay mode permanently. Try the beta 92.91
PureVideo HD driver as it no longer has this problem:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...etadriver.html

Old October 5th 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW

Try using an earlier version driver and see if that fixes it.

--
DaveW

----------------

Old October 5th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Michael D

I had this problem as well, in the Nvida forums someone suggested to just
click on 'restore defaults' in the the Nvida control panel under 'Adjust
Video Color Settings' menu. It worked for me.

. ..

Old October 6th 06, 12:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lukas Mariman

"First of One" schreef in bericht
Another user with the same issues, and it's a tragedy. A million other
users and it's a statistic... :-)

Indeed!