Nvidia wdm "code 10" problem: possible solutions

Old September 28th 03, 08:50 AM
jigc

Default Nvidia wdm "code 10" problem: possible solutions

hi!

I have a pixelview gf4 4200 with vivo (Phillips 7108A tv chip), it
worked fine. I could capture with iuVCR. The only complaint is its
color is not as good as my bt878 tv card.

But after I checked "check here if you have a tv connected but it
remains unselectable" inside the control panel of detonator driver
(ver 44.03), "code 10" problem happened, or sometime BSOD happened due
to nvcap.dll (I need to uninstall wdm in safe mode to boot). It
happened in winXP and win2K.

I tried latest and old wdm drivers, it's persist.
I searched the net, and just aware that I'm not alone and this problem
is very common.

But yesterday, I finally found what is the culprit. It was the
"s-video out". Whenever s-video out was connected to my tv-card,
maradona 10 will appear. When I disconnected it, it works again and
"check here if you have a tv connected..." became unchecked again.
This remind me whenever I played with vivo's "s-video out" to
tv-card's "s-video in" (I can watch my own desktop with dscalar, just
for fun), code 10 happened.

There is another owner (JF )which has same experience as me.

I listed some solutions from web regarding this problem, u can try one
by one:
1. the main problem seems to be with the 3.3V supply, the capture
device can't start if the 3.3V is too low, it works fine once it is on
but it needs a "jump start". This 3.3V is not depend on the quality or
power of psu.
Soldering the sense wire is nr 11 on the atx connector with
resistor 14, 22 or 47 ohm to fool the psu to increase the 3.3V
voltage. (from werty frog)

2. try old wdm driver, example: ver 1.04
(http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/agp...5/wdm_104g.zip)
3. try asus driver: ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/vga/n...ver%201.23.zip
4. my own experience: as described above.

By this way, I really like nvidia!

Hope these help.

Regards
Gj chin