Aneng M118A review

Old January 28th 21, 08:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Aneng M118A review

No wonder I ended up with this multimeter -- a no-brainer,
fly-paperweb for catching people after they've flitted away an old
multimeter, wont to pick up the first thing that catches their eye.
Which I did. Instant gratification.

Aneng pretty much dominates low-end, cheap functionality with upscale
features, for me, M118A auto-ranging. (They've also smaller models,
some aren't bad on the nifty scale, even running off 2032 5V computer
batteries for executives with a DMM in their shirtpocket instead of a
pen.)

Watched a Chinese distribution factory review, but there's better, a
hell'va nice 15minute review as well. Stacked up against overall
better and certainly more accurately calibrated meters. The saddest
part is the no-contact voltage detection didn't work on the particular
unit being tested or is outright engineering craps. The sensor
protrudes from the PCB at the top of case, encircled by plastic from
the case. In proximity it should pick voltage if present. Looked
neat so at least I can hope mine might work (if not I'll test it
without the case from the PCB).

The review can be found on Bing's video collection from a Aneng M118A
search -- it's the first listed with the most views.

There's simply no comparison to be had in that price range. Either
get old-school scaled mirror, needle and calibration dial, a junk
digital for the totally ignorant, with everything past or near to the
Aneng capabilities in yesterday's rotary selector -- not multiranging.
Most generally and for the least amount of cost for value possible.
The Auto-Ranging appears to be at times a little quirky, watching the
meter's "brain" decide what do before responding with a value.
Different for me, as I've never had one. Included cables compared to
a higher quality pair also stresses value.

Where the review really makes a person suck it in, however, is that
there's a 33% mark-up price on the M118A since four month's ago when
the review was published. Hot items for how long did that to take me
for another five bucks?

(6000 display count I also assumed incorrectly for simply pixel
quality -- whereas it's a measure of accuracy of the display to
present a rendition, as it were of granularity achievable, by
precision from signals engaged at the sensors.)

AMD Zen review [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 3 December 31st 16 07:50 PM
review computers davi General 0 February 12th 08 03:53 PM
P35 DS3 Review Nick Le Lievre Gigabyte Motherboards 0 May 17th 07 01:38 PM
ram review [email protected] General 4 September 5th 05 10:06 PM
First REVIEW LEAK ! Dude Ati Videocards 1 May 4th 04 02:19 PM