athlon pro 2800+ vs athlon xp 2800+

Old February 5th 04, 07:55 PM
Serge Lacombe

Default athlon pro 2800+ vs athlon xp 2800+

Hi,

ECS sells mainboards (L7VMM3) with integrated Athlon PRO 2800+. I would like
to know the differences between that cpu and the athlon XP 2800+.

Thanks.

Old February 5th 04, 11:00 PM
rstlne

"Serge Lacombe" wrote in message
Hi,

ECS sells mainboards (L7VMM3) with integrated Athlon PRO 2800+. I would

like
to know the differences between that cpu and the athlon XP 2800+.

Thanks.

Download the L7VMM3 User Manual
ftp://ftp.ecs.com.tw/manual/mb/eng/l7/l7vmm3_10.zip
It's a Duron that most Etailers tend to call "Athlon"
It's a duron at 133/266 fsb (I dont think it's an applebred)
uses a KM266 Chipset (NB) VT8235 (SB)

I have nearly bought one of these types of boards (PCCHIPS&ECS have them)
plus one other group (cant rem)..
If you get it then let us know how you get on.. I think they are "okay"
value for money, but the asrock mobo's might give you an option that's just
as cheap, and you still end up with an athlon XP..

Regards
rstlne

Old February 5th 04, 11:06 PM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:55:11 +0000, Serge Lacombe wrote:

Hi,

ECS sells mainboards (L7VMM3) with integrated Athlon PRO 2800+. I would like
to know the differences between that cpu and the athlon XP 2800+.

I suggest you email ECS for the actual part number. I think it's a 1.6GHz
Duron though, since you can buy this cpu/MB combo for about $75, which is
cheaper than just the 2800+ cpu alone at $115. Bad advertisers. I've seen
this combo listed as anythin from 1.6 Duron, 2300+, amd up to 2800+. ECS
website doesn't specify cpu other than it's integrated. I think it's
soldered in w/o a socket so you can't change it. Here's a discription from
a pricewatch add. Note that 2800 is model number of the board, not the
cpu.
ECS L7VMM3 PRO2800 Socket A mboard MFN L7VMM3 PRO2800(ATHLON XP1600+)

Just a guess, but it may be out there with different cpu's on it depending
on availability at time of manufacture. Take a look here.

http://search.shopping.yahoo.com/sea...lk:sortby,v:70

Old February 5th 04, 11:57 PM
rstlne

I suggest you email ECS for the actual part number. I think it's a 1.6GHz
Duron though, since you can buy this cpu/MB combo for about $75, which is
cheaper than just the 2800+ cpu alone at $115. Bad advertisers. I've seen
this combo listed as anythin from 1.6 Duron, 2300+, amd up to 2800+. ECS
website doesn't specify cpu other than it's integrated. I think it's
soldered in w/o a socket so you can't change it. Here's a discription from
a pricewatch add. Note that 2800 is model number of the board, not the
cpu.
ECS L7VMM3 PRO2800 Socket A mboard MFN L7VMM3 PRO2800(ATHLON XP1600+)

ECS do say in their documentation that it's a duron at 133/266 fsb..
They dont go on to say what speed it runs at BUT.. I have heard many things
about these boards (and the ilk) and I am fairly sure that they are
overclock'd or nonstandard spec durons..