factoring

Old September 25th 09, 06:33 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
chrisv

Default factoring

Briebandade wrote:

(snip spam)

*sigh* The once-proud newsgroup, utterly empty.

Damn you AMD lovers! 8)

Old September 26th 09, 03:39 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Gary Seven

chrisv wrote:
:: Briebandade wrote:
::
::: (snip spam)
::
:: *sigh* The once-proud newsgroup, utterly empty.
::
:: Damn you AMD lovers! 8)

I still check from time to time....the group is definitely dead and buried.
Sad, so VERY ****in' sad. :-(

Old September 26th 09, 10:36 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
krw[_5_]

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:33:27 -0500, chrisv
wrote:

Briebandade wrote:

(snip spam)

*sigh* The once-proud newsgroup, utterly empty.

What's there to talk about? PCs are boring now.

Damn you AMD lovers! 8)

....because we pushed Intel into making hardware boring? ;-)
Old September 27th 09, 04:44 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

krw wrote:
...because we pushed Intel into making hardware boring? ;-)

We could start posting new hardware announcements again?

Yousuf Khan
Old September 27th 09, 03:07 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Robert Redelmeier

krw wrote in part:
Briebandade wrote:
*sigh* The once-proud newsgroup, utterly empty.

What's there to talk about? PCs are boring now.

Fully agreed. Even some of Intel's clever things with
Atom and i7 are much less exciting than they used to be.

Boring is good! It implies a satisfactory situation
with only marginal improvements desired. You'd rather
have drama? Major shortfall?

For the last 10+ years, computers have been more limited
by software than by hardware.

Damn you AMD lovers! 8)

...because we pushed Intel into making hardware boring? ;-)

Quite probably. Without competition, a monopoly tends
to go slow on innovation. For example, pre-breakup AT&T.

-- Robert

Old September 27th 09, 04:39 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
krw[_5_]

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:07:33 +0000 (UTC), Robert Redelmeier
wrote:

krw wrote in part:
Briebandade wrote:
*sigh* The once-proud newsgroup, utterly empty.

What's there to talk about? PCs are boring now.

Fully agreed. Even some of Intel's clever things with
Atom and i7 are much less exciting than they used to be.

I'm no longer working in the industry, which makes developments there
even more boring. ;-)

Boring is good! It implies a satisfactory situation
with only marginal improvements desired. You'd rather
have drama? Major shortfall?

We still have WinBlows for drama. No, there is quite some room for
improvement. It seems that improvement isn't in the cards, though.

For the last 10+ years, computers have been more limited
by software than by hardware.

Bingo!

Damn you AMD lovers! 8)

...because we pushed Intel into making hardware boring? ;-)

Quite probably. Without competition, a monopoly tends
to go slow on innovation. For example, pre-breakup AT&T.

Yep. Now look at how many alternatives there are to POTS, even if the
Baby bells are coalescing back into mommy.

Old September 28th 09, 06:12 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
YKhan

On Sep 27, 10:07*am, Robert Redelmeier wrote:
krw wrote in part:

Briebandade wrote:
*sigh* *The once-proud newsgroup, utterly empty.

What's there to talk about? *PCs are boring now.

Fully agreed. *Even some of Intel's clever things with
Atom and i7 are much less exciting than they used to be.

There is some interesting things going on in graphics. Not just high-
end graphics, but also integrated graphics. It's starting to look like
integrated graphics is becoming more seriously capable of playing
games now.

For the last 10+ years, computers have been more limited
by software than by hardware.

There's also interesting things going on in the Linux world. It's
getting quite a bit easier to use Linux with any hardware out there.

Yousuf Khan
Old October 1st 09, 05:07 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
chrisv

YKhan wrote:

There is some interesting things going on in graphics. Not just high-
end graphics, but also integrated graphics.

More intersting than CPU's, for sure... But there's no longer the
passion, the flaming, that went-on in the old days, when 3dfx was
around... 8)

There's also interesting things going on in the Linux world. It's
getting quite a bit easier to use Linux with any hardware out there.

Indeed. And the omnipresence of the Evil Empire stokes some
interesting discussions.

Old October 1st 09, 05:08 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
chrisv

Gary Seven wrote:

chrisv wrote:
::
:: *sigh* The once-proud newsgroup, utterly empty.
::
:: Damn you AMD lovers! 8)

I still check from time to time....the group is definitely dead and buried.
Sad, so VERY ****in' sad. :-(

I know. It used to be a *gas* in here.

Old April 20th 10, 10:50 AM
JohnKSmith JohnKSmith is offline
Junior Member

Hey Guys
Factoring is a financial transaction whereby a business sells its accounts receivable to a third party (called a factor) at a discount in exchange for immediate money with which to finance continued business. Factoring differs from a bank loan in three main ways
Oxygen Plant | Oxygen Plants