HP Duplex printing always uses 2 pages even when printing just 1

Old November 5th 04, 03:55 PM
xyZed

Default HP Duplex printing always uses 2 pages even when printing just 1

I am using the drivers for HP deskjet 840C series (as recommended by
Bob Headrick) with my HP Deskjet 895cxi printer as HP didn't write any
proper drivers for 895cxi and Windows XP.

I'm delighted with the drivers and everything works fine. However,
when st to print 2 sided, even if I only need to print half an A4
sheet, the printer always tells me to turn the paper round to print
the second sheet. As there isn't a second sheet to print I always
cancel after the first page has printed but the printer then always
takes a new sheet, feeds it through and spews it out blank.

This is a minor annoyance but I wonder if there are any settings that
could be adjusted to prevent this?

The reason I have this problem is that I like to set my printer to
print 2 sided as default. Then, if I want 2 sided printing I reinsert
the pages, but if I don't want 2 sided printing I simply click
continue and the other pages are printed on separate paper.

This system used to work fine when I used the correct drivers on Win
98.

--

Free washing machine help and advice. Free washing machine reviews. Buy washing machine parts.

www.washerhelp.co.uk [remove mymask_ to email]

Duplex printing with HP OfficeJet 9110 skips one line with plan ASCII file using lp Barry L. Bond Printers 0 October 19th 04 09:51 PM
Duplex Printing Andy Baker Printers 0 July 7th 04 09:47 AM
Duplex printing on HP Laserjet 8xxx series with HP 24782A auto duplexer george lewycky Printers 2 April 15th 04 01:09 AM
CLJ 4500 duplex printing from Word 2000 Esben Printers 0 December 16th 03 10:55 PM
Automatic Duplex Printing Jim Higgins Dell Computers 0 July 4th 03 10:37 PM