Problem printing from web pages

Old August 20th 03, 12:36 AM
Kevin Potts

Default Problem printing from web pages

Hi all,

I have a HP photosmart 1115, and whenever I try to print a web page it
usually cut's off the right side of the page, shouldn't the printer resize
it so the whole web page will print out? This is really annoying, is there
anything that can be done other than switching from portrait to landscape to
fit the entire page on the paper?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Potts

Old August 20th 03, 01:45 AM
Jerry Schwartz

I don't think there's much choice. I can't remember if selecting a smaller
browser font will do it, or not; probably not, because much of the page
layout has nothing to do with the font size the browser prefers.

Canon printers come with a nifty utility to do this, it's almost worth the
price of the printer.

--

Jerry Schwartz
FidoNet 1:142/928

Old August 20th 03, 01:47 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

"Kevin Potts" wrote in message
Very nice program, unfortunately I am using an HP printer which I did

state
in my
original post, and this program will not work unless you have a Canon
printer. Too bad
HP doesn't have a similar program.

Too bad---but it DID help me with my Canon. So, it was valuable somehow.

Pat in TX

Old August 20th 03, 11:18 PM
Kevin Potts

Thanks for the tip, it worked, I set the right margin to 0, and now the
whole web page prints without any thing being cut off. Thanks for this
suggestion, and thanks to all who replied. I did email HP and they said
that currently they do not offer a program like Easy Web Print but they
would forward my suggestion to make one to their software and development
people. Once again thanks to all who responded.

Kevin Potts

"Bill" wrote in message
Kevin Potts wrote:

Hi all,

I have a HP photosmart 1115, and whenever I try to print a web page it
usually cut's off the right side of the page, shouldn't the printer

resize
it so the whole web page will print out? This is really annoying, is

there
anything that can be done other than switching from portrait to landscape

fit the entire page on the paper?

In the web browser under the menu File, Page Setup, reduce the print
margins to the smallest it will allow for your printer.

The defaults are far too large and cuts off parts of the page. Once you
reduce the margins, it will usually fix all dynamically resized
webpages.

This works in any program that may crop a page by accident. Once you
adjust the settings, print a page, and close the browser, it will
remember the changes.

ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Really WEIRD problem! TMack Ati Videocards 4 April 12th 04 04:30 AM
Directx Problem Solved Me Nvidia Videocards 1 August 23rd 03 06:32 AM