How to print out very wide web pages

Old July 4th 03, 11:13 PM
Eric

Default How to print out very wide web pages

Please accept this posting as appropriate to this ng, because it is very
much a printer problem. I have tried an Internet Explorer ng but everyone
seems to have died on there.

I am continually having problems printing-out badly designed web site pages
where the lines are extremely wide, so that when printed one can lose as
much as 25 per
cent of the text. I have tried numerous ways to overcome this problem but
all without success. It is particularly annoying where they are using frames
and the text at the left hand side comes out perfectly but you don't want
that, whilst the right-hand side is missing!

The printers being used are an HP LaserJet 4 and HP 840C Deskjet. I imagine
that the answer lies in adjusting the software somewhere but I have found it
quite impossible to solve.

Eric

Old July 4th 03, 11:30 PM
No One You Know - Yet

My solution eric to "big" pages is to simply use the printer's setup and set
it to a reduced print scale such as 80% or something. There are a couple of
ways to do this, one is via, the browser itself and click on print preview,
and then click on the little gear icon next to print, and then click on the
printer button and then the page set up window comes up and choose your
printer and then click on properties...and under the paper/quality tab you
should see an advance button, click on that and look in middle of list
"graphic and you will see "scaling" change the value to a value less than
100% and click ok, and you should see the print preview reflect this.

Old July 5th 03, 12:13 AM
Mister Max

"Eric" posted:

Please accept this posting as appropriate to this ng, because it is
very much a printer problem. I have tried an Internet Explorer ng but
everyone seems to have died on there.

I am continually having problems printing-out badly designed web site
pages where the lines are extremely wide, so that when printed one can
lose as much as 25 per
cent of the text. I have tried numerous ways to overcome this problem
but all without success. It is particularly annoying where they are
using frames and the text at the left hand side comes out perfectly
but you don't want that, whilst the right-hand side is missing!

First suggestion: Print landscape instead of portrait.

Second: Don't print the whole page, just highlight the part you want to
print and print "selection."
- Max

--
MisterMax
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, Maui, Malaysia, Morocco, Sicily
Old July 5th 03, 03:48 AM
Jay Freedman

Mister Max wrote:
"Eric" posted:

Please accept this posting as appropriate to this ng, because it is
very much a printer problem. I have tried an Internet Explorer ng but
everyone seems to have died on there.

I am continually having problems printing-out badly designed web site
pages where the lines are extremely wide, so that when printed one
can lose as much as 25 per
cent of the text. I have tried numerous ways to overcome this problem
but all without success. It is particularly annoying where they are
using frames and the text at the left hand side comes out perfectly
but you don't want that, whilst the right-hand side is missing!

First suggestion: Print landscape instead of portrait.

Second: Don't print the whole page, just highlight the part you want
to print and print "selection."
- Max

Eric, it may also help to (1) click in the frame you want to print and then (2)
go to File | Print Preview and change the dropdown in the top bar from "As laid
out on screen" to "Only the selected frame". I think this is a new feature in
IE6...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old July 5th 03, 12:45 PM
Mrjefferson99

Print landscape and use "legal size paper in your printer (8.5x14) don't forget
to select proper paper size in setup.
Old July 5th 03, 10:10 PM
Eric

Very many thanks, folks, for some really helpful replies. I will certainly
be trying them out as soon as I get a chance.

This goes to confirm my conviction that this is one of the best ngs. I have
had some great responses over the last year on some really awkward problems.

Thanks again

Eric

Old July 11th 03, 09:43 PM
Jan Gregor

I had same problem with one web page. Solution is in most cases
simple, use alternative browser. In my case mozilla worked right.

Jan
Old July 14th 03, 01:43 AM
Dave McFall

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:43:30 +0200, Jan Gregor
wrote:

I had same problem with one web page. Solution is in most cases
simple, use alternative browser. In my case mozilla worked right.

Jan

If you are using a current Canon printer have a look at Easy-WebPrint,
use a Google Search.

Dave

Print Server Steven Homebuilt PC's 2 October 1st 04 01:21 PM
Print Server Steven Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 02:47 AM
Please Help me choose momory for AMD64 Synapse Syndrome Asus Motherboards 11 August 26th 04 02:43 PM
Non print problem Wsimon9 Ati Videocards 1 February 10th 04 03:42 AM