scratch and dent laptops

Old May 25th 06, 02:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default scratch and dent laptops

Just wondering if I consider a scratch and dent laptop (dell outlet)
if the screen itself can be scratched? Otherwise I don't think I have
a problem with scratches / dents as long as it functions okay. Am I
overlooking anything?
thanks.
Old May 25th 06, 02:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

rob wrote:

Just wondering if I consider a scratch and dent laptop (dell outlet)
if the screen itself can be scratched? Otherwise I don't think I have
a problem with scratches / dents as long as it functions okay. Am I
overlooking anything?
thanks.

Are you asking us or telling us? g

Notan
Old May 25th 06, 02:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Notan" wrote in message
rob wrote:

Just wondering if I consider a scratch and dent laptop (dell outlet)
if the screen itself can be scratched? Otherwise I don't think I have
a problem with scratches / dents as long as it functions okay. Am I
overlooking anything?
thanks.

Are you asking us or telling us? g

Notan

I've yet to find a DFO unit that I could get an acceptable deal on. I guess
it's all in timing, and mine must stink.

I've been able to do well to very well with coupons and specials getting new
stuff - or picking up used stuff with factory warranty.

Now if they were offering an externally scratched/dented notebook with a
full 3 year onsite warranty included at no charge, I'd probably do it.

Old May 25th 06, 03:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"Notan" wrote in message
rob wrote:

Just wondering if I consider a scratch and dent laptop (dell outlet)
if the screen itself can be scratched? Otherwise I don't think I have
a problem with scratches / dents as long as it functions okay. Am I
overlooking anything?
thanks.

Are you asking us or telling us? g

Notan

I've yet to find a DFO unit that I could get an acceptable deal on. I
guess it's all in timing, and mine must stink.

I've been able to do well to very well with coupons and specials getting
new stuff - or picking up used stuff with factory warranty.

Now if they were offering an externally scratched/dented notebook with a
full 3 year onsite warranty included at no charge, I'd probably do it.

I'm about 50/50. Our D8400 and I9300 were outlet. Our I6000 (2) were new.

Old May 25th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
.. .

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"Notan" wrote in message
rob wrote:

Just wondering if I consider a scratch and dent laptop (dell outlet)
if the screen itself can be scratched? Otherwise I don't think I have
a problem with scratches / dents as long as it functions okay. Am I
overlooking anything?
thanks.

Are you asking us or telling us? g

Notan

I've yet to find a DFO unit that I could get an acceptable deal on. I
guess it's all in timing, and mine must stink.

I've been able to do well to very well with coupons and specials getting
new stuff - or picking up used stuff with factory warranty.

Now if they were offering an externally scratched/dented notebook with a
full 3 year onsite warranty included at no charge, I'd probably do it.

I'm about 50/50. Our D8400 and I9300 were outlet. Our I6000 (2) were
new.

I've seen where plenty of folks feel they've done well with DFO. I'm
familiar with the site fairly well, but like I said my timing has been poor.
After warranty add-ons and whatnot, I always seem to come out close to brand
new stuff.

(read: I've never wound up at the cart with a deal that I could say "wow"
about.)

Stew

Old May 25th 06, 04:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:32:17 -0500, "S.Lewis"
wrote:

Now if they were offering an externally scratched/dented notebook with a
full 3 year onsite warranty included at no charge, I'd probably do it.

I would too, as long there is a 21 day return policy, and I'd pay with
a credit card.
Old May 25th 06, 11:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Just wondering if I consider a scratch and dent laptop (dell outlet)
if the screen itself can be scratched? Otherwise I don't think I have
a problem with scratches / dents as long as it functions okay. Am I
overlooking anything?
thanks.

I've bought a lot of stuff over the years through the Outlet and I've
*never* had anything physically scratched or dented. Every item has been
as good as factory new with zero defects.

Old May 25th 06, 11:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Paul" wrote in message
Just wondering if I consider a scratch and dent laptop (dell outlet)
if the screen itself can be scratched? Otherwise I don't think I have
a problem with scratches / dents as long as it functions okay. Am I
overlooking anything?
thanks.

I've bought a lot of stuff over the years through the Outlet and I've
*never* had anything physically scratched or dented. Every item has been
as good as factory new with zero defects.

Paul -

I'm not surprised at that. Thing is, I believe that Dell began "new"
classification of systems offered fairly recently that now include "scratch
and dent" models that are listed as such.

In the past I think they offered only refurb/open box stuff which have
almost no visual/cosmetic issues.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Stew

Old May 26th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:43:23 -0500, "S.Lewis"
wrote:

Paul -

I'm not surprised at that. Thing is, I believe that Dell began "new"
classification of systems offered fairly recently that now include "scratch
and dent" models that are listed as such.

In the past I think they offered only refurb/open box stuff which have
almost no visual/cosmetic issues.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Stew

I just bought a E1505 from Dell, and it was "Scratch & Dent" and I
received it, and it looked brand new. Not a scratch on the case, nor
screen. No dead pixels. Was perfect. Got a good deal on it. I had
to refresh alot to get one before those people with the scripts, but I
am real happy with it.

-Dennis
Old May 26th 06, 01:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Thu, 25 May 2006 19:59:17 -0400, Dennis
wrote:

I just bought a E1505 from Dell, and it was "Scratch & Dent" and I
received it, and it looked brand new. Not a scratch on the case, nor
screen. No dead pixels. Was perfect. Got a good deal on it. I had
to refresh alot to get one before those people with the scripts, but I
am real happy with it.

-Dennis

Hi Dennis,

How much of a deal was it, considering that most E1505's can be bought
with a $750 off coupon?

If you could post the numbers it would help, if you have the time.

Of course I could go out and look but maybe a few sentences from you
(and / or others) would help me understand how much of a deal the
scratch and dents are.

Thanks,

Journey