AT motherboard for P4?

Old June 30th 03, 06:29 PM
Pedro

Default AT motherboard for P4?

Sorry, you'll be lucky, you'd do better getting a new ATX case.

wrote in message
news
Is there one? I have an old AT case with great video/sound cards, good
PS, all that stuff. I'd like to put a P4+mobo in it without getting a
new case or PS.

Old July 2nd 03, 04:12 AM
Stacey

Alien Zord wrote:

wrote in message
news
Is there one? I have an old AT case with great video/sound cards,

good
PS, all that stuff. I'd like to put a P4+mobo in it without getting a
new case or PS.

Yes, there's at least one, see he
http://www.tcommate.com.tw/EN/index_en.htm

But it's a via chipset board...
--

Stacey
Old July 3rd 03, 12:07 PM
Alien Zord

"Stacey" wrote in message
Alien Zord wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message

Yes, there's at least one, see he
http://www.tcommate.com.tw/EN/index_en.htm

But it's a via chipset board...

.....so are millions of others. They may not be the best but they

still
work.

I suppose at times they do..

Just upgraded my ex's PC from Shuttle 591P, a VIA chipset based mobo
that worked without a single hitch for over 5 years. I hope the
replacement Intel 845 will be equally good.

Old July 3rd 03, 10:05 PM
Stacey

Alien Zord wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message

I suppose at times they do..

Just upgraded my ex's PC from Shuttle 591P, a VIA chipset based mobo
that worked without a single hitch for over 5 years.

oh please, "without a single hitch"? I've never seen ANY computer that
performed that flawlessly.
--

Stacey
Old July 4th 03, 01:26 AM
Prof

To do this you would have to modify the case which is a big bother, but I
believe there is a special Newsgroup on modified cases so there are experts
out there. You might go there an ask their advice on how they go about it.
The main problem is the arrangement of the ports and then you of course need
to buy an ATX power supply that has a proper place to fit in the case.

Old July 4th 03, 10:42 AM
Alien Zord

"Stacey" wrote in message
Alien Zord wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message

I suppose at times they do..

Just upgraded my ex's PC from Shuttle 591P, a VIA chipset based mobo
that worked without a single hitch for over 5 years.

oh please, "without a single hitch"? I've never seen ANY computer that
performed that flawlessly.

Yep, the mobo worked flawlessly. Apart from OS upgrades the only thing
that was ever replaced was a Philips CDRW drive. Twice. Not very
demanding user though.

Old July 4th 03, 09:16 PM
Stacey

Alien Zord wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message
Alien Zord wrote:

"Stacey" wrote in message

I suppose at times they do..

Just upgraded my ex's PC from Shuttle 591P, a VIA chipset based mobo
that worked without a single hitch for over 5 years.

oh please, "without a single hitch"? I've never seen ANY computer that
performed that flawlessly.

Yep, the mobo worked flawlessly.

Well your the first person in history with a windows system to NEVER have a
single lockup etc.. You should hang on to that one!
--

Stacey