Shuttle SN45g and which video card?

Old April 29th 04, 02:50 PM
Andrew Pick

Default Shuttle SN45g and which video card?

Thinking of buying a Shuttle SN45g - I already have a primary machine with
an ATI 9600 Pro for which I am happy with re. playing games etc.

The shuttle will become a 2nd PC near to my TV, mainly for playing DIVX,
MPEG etc. - I will be using a 2400XP processor in it and 512Mb RAM, 80Gb
HDD.

My question really is what AGP graphics card to buy to fit into it. I don't
want to spend over £100 or even near that if I can help it. I am happy to
stick with ATI cards (have been impressed so far with the 9600Pro I have)

I'll need TV out obviously (as this will really be the only means of display
coming from the Shuttle for me) but I am tempted to get something that will
allow me to perhaps play the odd game or two as well ie. I have seen good
prices on something like the 9200SE (around £30 !) and this has the TV out I
need but what is this like compared to say the 9600 or the 9600 Pro ? Does
anything less than the 9600 series do DX9 for example?

Will the 9200 SE even be good enough for DIVX/MPEG playback (or does this
relate more to how powerful the processor is) ???

Lots of questions!

Andy