Geforce FX5600 Ultra: Power Indicator reports card is not getting enough power.

Old August 17th 03, 06:57 AM
edding1992

Default Geforce FX5600 Ultra: Power Indicator reports card is not getting enough power.

I recently upgraded my graphics card to a Leadtek Geforce FX5600
Ultra. Having heard that the FXs suck a lot of power I also got a new
425 Watt PSU from HEC -Heroilci. I used the 4 pin connector supplied
with the card to connect it to one of the free PSU cables. Once
installed the card ran great, and gaming performance has improved
significantly. I haven't experienced any lockups or crashes
whatsoever. In order to tweak the card a little I downloaded
Nvhardpage from www.guru3d.com. This program allows you to unlock your
cards potential by adjusting the AGP settings, overclocking the cards
chip and memory etc. The program also unlocks some detonator features.
One of them is called "power indicator" and when clicked brings up a
window saying that NVIDIA's sentinel reports that Nvidias Graphic Card
is not getting enough power. This seemed a bit weird to me so I wander
if there is anyone else who has experienced something like this.
Should this be a cause of concern? I am not sure how accurate this is
anyway since as I understand "power indicator" and Nvidias Sentinel
are probably undocumented features.

Cpu: AMD Athlon 2000 , not overclocked
OS: Windows XP Pro
MB: Asus A7V 266 E