HEY 'Jeff' and your P4C800-E Questions.

Old February 23rd 04, 03:52 AM
Philip Callan

Default HEY 'Jeff' and your P4C800-E Questions.

BIOS

| Hi,
|
| Just picked up the P4C800-E Deluxe today and noticed it has AMIBIOS.
i have
| used AWARD BIOS on prvious Gigabyte, Tyan and ABIT MB's. IS AMIBIOS
| comapable to AWARD?
|
| Comments?
|
| TIA,
|
| Jeff

Yes, its comparable, in some ways superior, its the BIOS, and its up to
the manufacturer to implement it, so its not like you can switch vendors.

Audio Pinouts

| P4C800-E Deluxe
|
| The pinouts on the MB for MIC and Headphone, if these are routed to the
| towers front connector, can they coexist with the built in sound Mic and
| Line out connectors?
|
| In other words, Line out from the back will always be connected to my
| speakers, but when the headphone is sonnected to the tower does it
turn off
| the speakers?
|
| Also, I won't be connecting a mic to both the back of the case and the
| front, but will wiring the pinouts on the MB to the front of the case
let me
| use either one (I mean both can't be live can it)
|
| TIA,
|
| jeff

If you use the pinouts for the front panel, you deactivate the back, end
of story, not just when they are being used in front, but for good, as
long as its hooked to front panel, audio goes to front panel.

Sound Quality

| How does the P4C800-E 's built in sound compare to the realttec or ac97
| sound platforms?
|

| Tia,
|
| jeff

The AD1985 chipset is really good, in many ways above a SB Live 5.1 or
comparable 40/60$ cards, if you have an audigy or higher, use it. AC97
doesnt compare, for audio reviews of its performance, try googling for
more specs.

MB LAN

| One more question,
|
| How is gigabyte lan better than 10/100?
|
| TIA
|
| jeff

Uhh, you mean Gigibit, and its the next step 10/100/1000Mbps

If you dont have a gigabit capable hub/router/network, dont sweat it,
its going to connect at a lower speed. (Cable/DSL are only 1.5-5Mbps or
something, so your not even taxing a 10Mbps card, let alone higher)

Next time, instead of posting 4 questions 2 of which have nothing to do
with the board, but computer technologies, and 2 of which you could have
answered either by 1) Reading the PDF version of the manual ASUS
provides for download and 2) using www.google.com and search for
P4C800-E review

Try to put all your questions in one post as it makes it easier for
others to follow threads, and hopefully find solutions to their problems.

Philip