Anybody

Old December 20th 09, 02:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Joe[_28_]

Default Anybody

Anybody having problems with this NG? I show new messages but they
disappear when I try to read.
Old December 20th 09, 07:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Kevin Donoghoe[_2_]

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:19:26 -0500, Joe wrote:

Anybody having problems with this NG? I show new messages but they
disappear when I try to read.

Nope, they show up fine here.

= Kev =

..

Old December 21st 09, 12:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Michael W. Ryder[_2_]

Joe wrote:
Anybody having problems with this NG? I show new messages but they
disappear when I try to read.

Have you checked with your provider to see if they are filtering the
messages? Cox was doing that for awhile but were filtering on the
poster's domain so all messages from these domains were being dropped.
They "fixed" the problem after enough people complained about seeing
replies to posts but not the original post.
Old December 21st 09, 09:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Joe[_28_]

Michael W. Ryder wrote:
Joe wrote:
Anybody having problems with this NG? I show new messages but they
disappear when I try to read.

Have you checked with your provider to see if they are filtering the
messages? Cox was doing that for awhile but were filtering on the
poster's domain so all messages from these domains were being dropped.
They "fixed" the problem after enough people complained about seeing
replies to posts but not the original post.

I am using news.external.september.org to get the newsgroups since
Comcast dumped all newsgroups. I was using Thunderbird mail to read
newsgroups and thought I would use Seamonkey to see if the I had the
same problem and I don't. Must be something wrong with Thunderbird.
Seamonkey is working fine as you can see. Thanks
Old December 21st 09, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Michael W. Ryder[_2_]

Joe wrote:
Michael W. Ryder wrote:
Joe wrote:
Anybody having problems with this NG? I show new messages but they
disappear when I try to read.

Have you checked with your provider to see if they are filtering the
messages? Cox was doing that for awhile but were filtering on the
poster's domain so all messages from these domains were being dropped.
They "fixed" the problem after enough people complained about seeing
replies to posts but not the original post.

I am using news.external.september.org to get the newsgroups since
Comcast dumped all newsgroups. I was using Thunderbird mail to read
newsgroups and thought I would use Seamonkey to see if the I had the
same problem and I don't. Must be something wrong with Thunderbird.
Seamonkey is working fine as you can see. Thanks

Yeah, AT&T also dropped all of their newsgroups which is why I have to
use Cox. I am using Thunderbird and not having any problems with seeing
any of the messages so maybe you have some setting wrong or maybe you
need to unsubscribe from a group and resubscribe to rebuild the indexes.
Old December 21st 09, 11:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Joe[_28_]

On 12/21/2009 6:41 PM, Michael W. Ryder wrote:
Joe wrote:
Michael W. Ryder wrote:
Joe wrote:
[...]

I just installed ver 3.0 of Thunderbird ond that seems to have fixed the
problem.