New York Times refilled cartridge article

Old February 4th 06, 11:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default New York Times refilled cartridge article

There is an article on the front page of the business section of today's New
York Times (02/04/06) regarading purchase of refilled cartridges. They
touch very briefly on home refilling as well. This appears to be a growing
market.

The link for this article is
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/te...y/04money.html

Old February 4th 06, 11:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:
There is an article on the front page of the business section of today's New
York Times (02/04/06) regarading purchase of refilled cartridges. They
touch very briefly on home refilling as well. This appears to be a growing
market.

The link for this article is
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/te...y/04money.html

Thanks, Burt, very interesting article. Refillers use some ingenious
refilling machines (suck out the old ink, flush and clean, and then
refill). I figure I'm saving enough money through home refilling, I
should soon be able to get me one of those fancy $200,000 refilling
machines. :-)

Best part was the closing comment: "Indeed, one day (OEM) ink may be as
cheap as Champagne." That's true, I can afford Champagne but not ink.
It really makes you shake your head. Right now the price of ink for most
printers here in Canada is over half the price of a new printer - with
ink! Suckin' the money right out of you . . .

-Taliesyn
Old February 4th 06, 11:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:
There is an article on the front page of the business section of today's New
York Times (02/04/06) regarading purchase of refilled cartridges. They
touch very briefly on home refilling as well. This appears to be a growing
market.

The link for this article is
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/te...y/04money.html

Thanks for the link Burt. I bet/hope this ****es off our resident troll
to no end.
Frank
Old February 4th 06, 11:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Burt" wrote:
There is an article on the front page of the business section of today's New
York Times (02/04/06) regarading purchase of refilled cartridges. They
touch very briefly on home refilling as well. This appears to be a growing
market.

The link for this article is
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/te...y/04money.html

Burt
Thank you, I thought it was well balanced giving both sides of the
story....what a nice change.
Tony
Old February 5th 06, 04:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

Burt wrote:

There is an article on the front page of the business section of
today's New York Times (02/04/06) regarading purchase of refilled
cartridges. They touch very briefly on home refilling as well. This
appears to be a growing market.

The link for this article is
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/te...y/04money.html

Thanks, Burt, very interesting article. Refillers use some ingenious
refilling machines (suck out the old ink, flush and clean, and then
refill). I figure I'm saving enough money through home refilling, I
should soon be able to get me one of those fancy $200,000 refilling
machines. :-)

I THINK YOU SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL

Best part was the closing comment: "Indeed, one day (OEM) ink may be as
cheap as Champagne." That's true, I can afford Champagne but not ink.

YOU NEED TO AFFORD MILK. YOU ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO DRINK.

Old February 5th 06, 12:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Thanks Burt very informative, noted no mention of Epson in their
commentary.

Davy

Old February 5th 06, 08:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Burt wrote:
There is an article on the front page of the business section of today's New
York Times (02/04/06) regarading purchase of refilled cartridges. They
touch very briefly on home refilling as well. This appears to be a growing
market.

The link for this article is
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/te...y/04money.html

Decent article but wonder why the author didn't acknowledge David
Packard, after all the Co's name is Hewlett Packard not the Hewlett
Co. At least it was so the the 25+ yrs I worked for them.

Too bad the article focused so much on HP inkjets as their integrated
printheads are designed to be as cheap as they can and still perform
well for a single shot cart not intended to be refilled.

Mickey
Old February 5th 06, 10:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Mickey wrote:

Burt wrote:

There is an article on the front page of the business section of
today's New York Times (02/04/06) regarading purchase of refilled
cartridges. They touch very briefly on home refilling as well. This
appears to be a growing market.

The link for this article is
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/04/te...y/04money.html

Decent article but wonder why the author didn't acknowledge David
Packard, after all the Co's name is Hewlett Packard not the Hewlett
Co. At least it was so the the 25+ yrs I worked for them.

Too bad the article focused so much on HP inkjets as their integrated
printheads are designed to be as cheap as they can and still perform
well for a single shot cart not intended to be refilled.

THAT IS TERRIFIC. NO NORMAL PERSON WANTS TO WASTER THEIR TIME REFILLING
A MESSY CART.

Mickey

Old February 6th 06, 04:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measekite posted the exciting message news:6lvFf.18162
:

THAT IS TERRIFIC. NO NORMAL PERSON WANTS TO WASTER THEIR TIME REFILLING
A MESSY CART.

You're still suffering from those hundreds of thousands of aftermarket
cartridges you filled while in prison, aren't you Francis?
Old February 6th 06, 05:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Prime wrote:
measekite posted the exciting message news:6lvFf.18162
:

THAT IS TERRIFIC. NO NORMAL PERSON WANTS TO WASTER THEIR TIME REFILLING
A MESSY CART.

You're still suffering from those hundreds of thousands of aftermarket
cartridges you filled while in prison, aren't you Francis?

hehehehe...good one (could be true)!
Frank