Rails for Proliant 6400R...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 9th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Rails for Proliant 6400R...

Hi all.. I finally obtained (for free no less) a 19" (slightly higher than
waist high) rack mount cabinet from someone that left at the curb
over the weekend (for vultures like me) and would like to put my Proliant
into it at some point.. My machine currently has the internal rails (the
side that mounts on the chassis) but that leaves the other half that mounts
to the rack..

So, I was just wondering if there's anything special I should know
about the rails for these machines (weight requirement,etc) and
can I just find some on e*bay that are for any Proliant (e.g. are they
all the same)?

TIA!

-- Rick

Need to Buy Rails for M J. P. Willis Storage (alternative) 1 February 11th 05 03:43 PM
PowerEdge 750 rails? Jason Kinkade Dell Computers 1 November 26th 04 12:16 PM
Case Rails? PawsForThought General 22 February 12th 04 12:39 AM
Hot-swap drive has magnetized rails?? Dan Foster Storage & Hardrives 0 December 6th 03 09:11 AM
Rails for server mysza General Hardware 1 November 7th 03 03:12 AM