GA-Z87X-UD5H & GA-Z87X-UD4H and video outputs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 22nd 14, 02:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jim[_38_]

Default GA-Z87X-UD5H & GA-Z87X-UD4H and video outputs

I'm stuck between one of these mainboards right now and apart from 2
LAN's, 2 extra SATA 6 ports there does not seem to be much between them.

However there is one issue i'm unsure off and how it could effect me in
the future and it's to do with using onboard video from the CPU (still
don't know what cpu to get yet), my current monitor only has VGA or DVI
for connections so i use DVI right now from my video card (HD6450) and
HDMI part of card to the tv to watch stuff from the pc on the TV and
that works fine for now but when i move over to the Z87 chipset I
presume both boards will run DVI for monitor ok AND the HDMI to TV will
work fine as well.

However what happens when i change my monitor in the future and i
suspect monitor will only take HDMI with both the GA-Z87X-UD5H &
GA-Z87X-UD4H be able to output to both HDMI's, i know the GA-Z87X-UD5H
has 2 HDMI sockets but GA-Z87X-UD4H only has one and something called a
display port which i have never heard of before any advice is welcome.

JIm