Precision 390 How to Shut Off Windows with Power Button?

Old September 15th 13, 09:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
W[_3_]

Default Precision 390 How to Shut Off Windows with Power Button?

What driver(s) do you need to install under Windows XP to have the power
button on the Dell Precision 390 Workstation shut down Windows?

I have one computer where this is working and one computer where it is not,
so presumably this is a configuration or driver issue.

Old September 16th 13, 12:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

On Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:57:59 PM UTC-4, W wrote:
What driver(s) do you need to install under Windows XP to have the power

button on the Dell Precision 390 Workstation shut down Windows?

I have one computer where this is working and one computer where it is not,

so presumably this is a configuration or driver issue.

I'm assuming that the power button can power on the system, so the button itself is not broken.

Are you pushing in the power button for a minimum of 6 seconds?

Should not require any drivers at all... Ben Myers
Old September 16th 13, 01:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Unquestionably Confused

On 9/15/2013 3:57 PM, W wrote:
What driver(s) do you need to install under Windows XP to have the power
button on the Dell Precision 390 Workstation shut down Windows?

I have one computer where this is working and one computer where it is not,
so presumably this is a configuration or driver issue.

You SHOULD be able to set this by

Right Click on Desktop, Select Properties

Click Display Properties, Screen Saver, Power, Advanced, Power Button
.... Set to whatever your pleasure is.

No drivers necessary AFAIK.
Old September 16th 13, 02:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve Urbach

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 16:08:33 -0700 (PDT), Ben Myers
wrote:

On Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:57:59 PM UTC-4, W wrote:
What driver(s) do you need to install under Windows XP to have the power

button on the Dell Precision 390 Workstation shut down Windows?

I have one computer where this is working and one computer where it is not,

so presumably this is a configuration or driver issue.

I'm assuming that the power button can power on the system, so the button itself is not broken.

Are you pushing in the power button for a minimum of 6 seconds?

Should not require any drivers at all... Ben Myers

Doesn't the BIOS power settings affect what happens? Mine is set to S3